Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Maaee...I 3!!!"

Sweet Sweet Lily
Little Little Lilybug
Precious Lily
Princess Lily
Mama's Lily

Who would have thought a song I began singing to her at 5 days old would have stuck. A song that calms her when she gets an owwie, when she is frightened, when she is sick. One her brothers sing to her to make her laugh when she is in a bad mood. It is hard to ever get upset at this sweet little girl.
Sweet Lily-Lou just celebrated her 3rd birthday. One I didn't dare imagine when she was born. I never imagine her birthdays ahead of time but when they come, it is a day of joy, a day of blessings and thanks, and as our heart buddy Bela's mommy put it, "Birthday's are always happy and special, but yours are truly magical!"
I sit and listen to the sweet miracle tick of your heart as your mechanical valve keeps it working for you, and it is never hard to be remind how truly blessed we are to have you as our daughter. To have walked this journey with you, and to continue walking it with you.
To see your eyes light in wonder and excitement, to see the look of awe come across your face, makes me have to swallow such a big lump in my throat.
You keep growing but I want to keep you small forever. I watch you play dress up, play mommy to your babies, and get down on the floor and play hot wheels with your brothers. Not a day goes by that you amaze us. Such a happy little girl for all you have gone through. I could not be more proud to call you mine and have you as my daughter.
Thank you Lily for being the beautiful miracle you are, you are my inspiration, you are who mommy wants to be like.
You are going to be such a great big sister and I hope she takes notes from you.
I love you Lilybug...
Happy Birthday Love

3 comments:

Mary said...

She is so beautiful!!!!!!! She looks just like her mama:) What a true miracle she is!!!!! Thank you for sharing her with us. God bless you and your family.
Love,
Mary

Meet the Smiths said...

Happy Birthday to Lily!!

Kaitlin Marcelo said...

Happy Birthday Lilly! Love you!
Love,
kaitlin