Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Love is a many Splendid thing

Many don't see love for what it really is. Many say it's what they are looking for when it comes to a relationship. That they just want to be loved. Many take love for granted, toss the word around because they feel its supposed to be used, like with family or friends.

The Webster's Dictionary definition of the word

1a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates>
b : an assurance of affection love>
2
: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>

I on the other hand, leave the word open for interpretation, one that is undefined. I have the general definition of love covered and then some. I love to my full capacity. If I'm going to do something, I will give it my all, even if I fail, I would rather fail trying, then giving up before I even begin.
I love with passion, with over enthusiasm, with reckless abandon. I love things big and small, God's creation, I love it all. Look...I am a poet, and I didn't even know it. Ok that's a lie, but still, joking aside. Love isn't a word, it is a feeling. With each heart beat, mine throbs while my children are away from my side, and dances when they are asleep under my roof. With each heart beat, mine races when my lips are met by that of my love. Love leaves me warm inside, it makes me feel as if I could walk across water, or dance on clouds. Love leaves my thoughts jumbled as it surrounds me in a blanket of warmth. The smile that never leaves my face when I hear "Mom I love you" or "Jenna I love you." I love and am loved in return. Love leaves you with a high, a heart swelling, gut twisting high. Yet it can break you.
When something you love tells you or treats you with indifference, or harshly, it's like the wind tearing the petals off a flower. It leaves you feeling naked and exposed. I cried this past weekend because of harsh words from my son. I know he said them out of anger of being hurt himself, but it doesn't make it any easier to hear them. I know they weren't truth, yet the old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your word can't hurt me." echoed through my head. Who came up with that saying? They must not have had a loved one say something hurtful to them. Bruises heal quickly, verbal words stay with you and echo when the world is the quietest.
Now has this changed my love for my son? Of course not, never, nothing ever will stop me from loving him. Until my last breath and I depart this earth, I will love with every fiber of my being. I will let it continue to pulse through me. I will embrace the fast heart beat, the dancing butterflies, the walking on water, playing in the clouds, heart swelling with pride, feeling that comes with it. Because even with the heart wrenching moments where it drops you to your knees, and hurts, I would rather have known the feeling of it, then to have lived my life without it.
I love you Lucas Christopher, I always will, even when you are mad at me. One day you will understand it all. Until then, try not to be to hard on this momma of yours.
Love Hugs and Blessings~ Life Unscripted

No comments: