Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Downer day at our Heart Check

So...today was the day...another cardiac apt. Little Miss Chunky Butt is weighing in at 22lbs 2 oz, standing tall at 30"in. Above the norm for a "Heart Healthy" little girl, but phenomenal for a "Heart" baby.

Stopping by the 7th floor, to say hello to all of our favorite nurses, no one could believe that she is as big as she is. You can't help but go Oh My Cuteness when you see her.


My precious Princess, as lovable as ever.

She did so good at her appointment today, did not cry at all durring her echo, we were able to get a great look at her heart, and the pressures weren't off for once....which in a way was a downer

Lily's valve pressures are back up to 60%. We were at 60% in September and then in December when we went in, it was 90%. Dr.Rhee said the only good thing this time is the heart isn't thick. Not quite sure what that means at the moment, I will look it up and get back to you. Now if he was referring to the valve I would know that it has to do with narrowing and such...not sure what he meant... I will have to double check when we get the call for our next appointment.


So where do we go from here.... well...back to square one

we wait

watch

and

see

then we take it from there

Lily is our Ticking time bomb again...ok not that she has stopped that routine...but this time she is. We are hoping Summer or Fall for surgery.... that would be at least 6 to 8 months, I pray it isn't like last time, 3 months.


Am I upset? Many have asked me that today....upset...yes...a bit... but not because of the reasons you may think.

I am upset because it has to happen again so soon, I am upset that we weren't able to buy more time from the previous surgery.

I am sad that she will have to undergo another surgery so soon, she has been through so much as it is.

BUT

Without these surgeries, she would not be here and then upset wouldn't be the word I would use to describe myself.

You can not get mad at any of this, you can not be mad when you walk in and see tubes and lines, because even though she shouldn't have to go through this, she does.

This is what keeps her alive, this is what keeps her with us, it's what gives us another day. Without the technology and surgeries, she wouldn't be here today.


So...even though the call the surgeons made in the O.R wasn't the best....we have to remind ourselves...they are not God, they can not tell the future from the decisions they make. They make a judgment call for the best while in there, and hope and pray that it was for the best.


I thank our surgeons, we are blessed to have such wonderful doctors.

Now we take it one day at a time....and wait for tomorrow to come...
We have made it further then many suspected her to make it anyways...
One day at a time...just one day at a time!

Jenna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will add little Lilly to my prayer list. God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

Jenna

I am a heart mommy as well and your story has touched me because it hits so close to home. At this very moment I am sitting in the surgery waiting room at Phoenix Children's as my 5 month old daughter is undergoing heart surgery #2. I read your story and feel so connected to your very thoughts and emotions. you've put into words the things that i've been trying to say but haven't been able to find the right words and emotions to describe.

I've been told that i'm such a strong person and that most parents in my shoes would have lost it by now....and there are days that i feel i have lost it - many tears have been shed, many sleepless nights.... But you come to accept it and you make the best of it and enjoy the time you have been given with your children. You really learn to take it one day at a time.

Lily is a true inspiration. She has gone through so much but has proven herself - she's a strong little girl. Be proud of her and enjoy each day.

You are in my thoughts and prayers....god bless you and your family.