Thursday, February 12, 2009

Teething Lily

I know it has been a while since a personal update. Lily was sick...and when I say sick...I mean, VERY SICK...almost took a trip to the hospital sick. UGH.... She ended up having Rota Virus... it was AWFUL. Between yucky diapers and her throwing up, I don't know which was worse. She had a fever, she was cranky, exhausted....and so was I. It got so awful, we got to a point where she was just sleeping on her crib mattress with no sheets and had a blanket over her. We kept the house warm so she would get chilled...I was sanitizing the mattress every time she woke up...still gagging over here from all of that. She was going through her fluids so fast I was worried that she was getting dehydrated. I called the Pedi and she told me to call our cardi to see what they wanted us to do...I have doing the run around. They just weren't sure if we should just give her fluids from home, or if her cardiologist wanted us to go in for IV fluids...I was praying and praying we didn't have to go to the hospital. Thankfully we didn't. I can't tell you how many times toys, bottles, light switches and I think every other surface of my house were sanitized, I went through TONS of Clorox Anywhere on her toys, and then Clorox bleach on every other surface, along with sanitizer wipes. YUCK....it was gross...that is all I can say.

So unfortunatly Lilys cardiologist apt fell on while she was sick, so I had to call and cancel and reschedule it. I told them I was not going to bring her in sick and get any of the other babies sick. I didn't feel that she needed to go in anyways at that point in time, I don't think there are any new devolpments, she is acting perfectly fine, crusing all over the place, sleeping like a "Normal" baby would, Eatting like she normaly would, so there is no cause for concern. If I had any inclination to think otherwise or if my mothers intuiton red flagged me, then bet your hiney she would be in that office quicker then you can say Applesauce...(Not sure why I chose that word....first word that popped into my head while typing) So we will be going on the 18th for our Echo and then follow up with Dr.Rhee...it will be nice to see everyone. It has been a while, I hate going this long without seeing our extended family but at the same time it is nice beacuse then it means that our lives somewhat resemble that our a "Normal" life, minus medications and me monitoring her heart from at home....

On the up news, Lily has 3 teeth...11 months old and she finally got teeth...jeeeshhh I thought this girl would go without teeth on her first birthday...crazy little girl. So now lets talk about the awkward cuteness. She got her bottom 2, which are completely normal to get....BUT, the 3rd one...what a goober...she got it on top, on the right, 3 over....HOW STRANGE IS THAT? Silly Lily! But I was right on one thing, when she finally got her first tooth, they all started popping through, she is about to get more...I can see them right under her gums...poor mee-mee's...she is teething something awful. Chewing on anything she can, but she isn't teething on the normal things...like teething rights and toys...she has chosen hot wheel....OK before any of you gasp and go..."How could you let her chew on hot wheels, what about the wheels on the...choking hazerds..." I took the liberty to sit and chew on one myself and try to bite the wheels off and such...**Did you just get a mental image of me sitting and chewing on a hot wheel?** I take if your laughing too....don't feel bad, my husband walked into the room while I was doing just that...and stopped, did a double take and said, "Do I even want to ask?" I told him I was making sure they were safe for Lily to chew on....he just shook his head and kept walking... So once I deemed them safe for Lily, I sprayed them all down and handed them over....Not to the boys liking, but they sucked it up like the big boys they are and have designanted ceritan cars that are "Lilys cars" and the other bagillion and a half are all of there, and lord almighty, if that little lady touches one, they throw a kanyption fit and you would think the world was coming to and end...

Well that is about all from the home front, I do not have any new pictures to post...I haven't been able to get any pictures of her teeth yet....the little goober won't open her mouth long enough for me to get one. As soon as she does, you can be sure I will post them.

OH one more thing, my CHD blog, the one below, I posted on Cafemom and several other websites I have. Anywho, on Cafemom, I posted it in groups and on my journal there. Not more then 24hours later it was voted MOST POPULAR journal, on the WHOLE Cafemom site....with 1000+ views and over 40 comments. I was in shock, i put it out in hope of awareness, and that is what it brought to CHD's. Not to mention the responses I got on myspace when I posted it.... Lily is known by so many, she has touched so many, I am in awe. That I get to be part of this miracle and blessing is so special and beyond words. My little girl has changed thousands, maybe tens of thousands or more then that, peoples lives. Her story is one I want everyone to read...I just kind of got to a stand still on her book....not that I was burnt out on writting her story...it is just very emotional to write. So I took a break...

In the mean time I am working on my second book, a fictional/nonfiction...hard to explain. It is a love stroy without a happy ending...I have out lines and all that jazz of what I am working on...now I just need to find time to write, between working full time(once again) to taking care of the kids, planning Lily's MASSIVE birthday party....blah.....If there is a will, there is a way, as I always like to say.

Well I need to run, duty calls, the good news is though....I finally have 3 days off...after workin 8 days straight.

~Jenna~

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love your new header by the way! You poor girls! My 7 yr old had Roto virus when he was a baby and it is definitely awful and gross. I am gagging just thinking about how bad it is! I hope everyone is feeling bed and I am praying that her next appt and procedure go well!

The Tams Family said...

Hope Lily's feeling better! She's been looking great! Glad to hear Addie isn't the only one who's teeth are taking their time! Take care and see you soon!
Stacey