Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful We Are.......

This year I am thankful for another Thanksgiving with all of our family and friends, but especially with our Lily girl. We are approaching our one year anniversary of her last open heart surgery. We have almost been hospital free for a year. I am thankful for that, I am thankful for what Dr.C and Dr.N were able to accomplish during her last surgery. That we were able to buy at least a year off the surgery. What we were hoping for it but not holding our breath for it. In 13 days I feel like throwing a party in celebration for this thankfulness and accomplishment.

Thankful I am for the priceless pictures and faces I have captured of Lily. Thankful I am for the pictures I have been able to get of all my kids together. Thankful for all the memories we have been able to make over this last year. Lily is closing in on 21 months of life. 21 months of miracles and blessings. 21 months of more love then I ever thought capable. Thankful doesn't sum up how truly blessed we are because 21 months is more then some get.
My Sweet Lily girl with her moo face, she makes this when there are bright lights of wind is blowing in her face. She will also do it if there is a booger up her nose, which she has started to learn how to pick them out. From time to time she will walk up to me and hold her finger out and go, "Eewww grow" (don't think I need to translate but just in case that would be Eww Gross) At least she isn't eating them right?
This would be Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum, not sure who is who, they both fight over who gets to be Dum...oh my boys. Austin wouldn't smile in any of the pictures, he was being our stinker bug for the day. He would run around and smile, but as soon as you turned the camera towards him he got the, "I am seriously done with you" look on his face. That would be my Austi boy though
Look, a picture of me and my husband, I don't think we have had one of us together in a long time. Then again, that happens seeing one of us always seems to be behind the camera. Don't mind the squinting, the sun was bright.
Lily and Nana. I wish Lily was able to spend more time with Grandma and Grandpa so she wouldn't be afraid of them and cry when they went to hold her. But with one car and them living about an hour and a half away from us, we don't make it out that way often.
Oh my Lucas boy, he is a soda addict like his mother, but just because he is addicted to it, doesn't mean he gets it all the time. This was something new, he has never had a soda can to himself. He felt like a special little dude.
Proof that Lily loves food. She ate like a moo cow on Thanksgiving, everything from Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, ham, green beans, biscuits, pumpkin pie, and fruit. She loves her some food, and everyone who picked her up was like, "My goodness, you would never know she has had 3 surgeries" She is so solid, healthy, hearty and solid.
One of Lily's many faces, this is her, "You are really taking another picture?" look.
Me and my girly. In pictures like these I can see the resemblance more between her and I, but I am still told she looks nothing like me, that she looks more like daddy instead.
LQQK ( yes I just did the Look with two Q's) Austin is looking at the camera AND smiling. Daddy had to squeeze him to get this, but heck at least we got it.
This is Kaitlyn, she is a doll (yes Kaitlyn, called you a doll) She has so much spunk to her, and is a riot. She adores Lily, I think she might be Lily's biggest fan if we were to start a fan club. I hope Lily grows up to be like her, she has such a love for life and all that is good, she does it with flare and attitude. Kaitlyn's mom is one of my good friends, a rare friend to have these days. I miss all my neighbors from our old complex, I grew attached to them and the friendship's we formed. We have all become friends for life it seems. (Yes Danny and Michele that means both of you too) They are my extended family, I seem to be gaining more of those these days, but I love each and every one of them like they were my blood. Thank you for such a wonderful evening, it was like being with Family seeing mine are all so far away.

Well that brings this blog to a close, not much new to update, Lily is fine we have a heart apt coming up here on the 16Th. Crossing our fingers that Dr.Rhee looks at the echo and goes, "See you in February." What wonderful and glorious words those would be.

Oh on a side note, Lucas and Austin are sick again with Strep. They just finished their antibiotics about a week ago, so as on Monday we are headed back to the doctors. I know Lily doesn't have to worry about the side effects of it but still, if you all could say a prayer for safe guarding her and holding her strong against it. She is a strong little girl, she was the last to get sick our last go around and the first better. I pray she can keep up the great work.

Well that is all, look for another blog in 13 days! Unless there is something to update before then.

Love Hugs and Blessings
Jenna

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Jenna,

I am a fellow heart momma from Phoenix. I just wanted to say that your Lily girl is beautiful and amazing as are you. I've been reading some of your older posts like from 2008 and my what a journey you have had. I am so happy to see that your little one is happy and smiling. I've also seen your videos very touching. I am also a mom of 3. My daughter will be having her 2nd surgery the Rastelli in a few months. She had the BT Shunt at 2 weeks old. My daughter will also require multiple surgeries through out her life to replace the pulmonary conduit she will be getting, so I can totally relate to your feelings. I am not sure what your daughters diagnosis is though. Not sure if you mind sharing it. Anyway, we do have a lot to be thankful for. Hope you get good news at your next visit. {{{Heart Hugs}}}

Michelle
www.withallmyhearts.blogspot.com