Thursday, November 12, 2009

We need a miraculous silver lining

I know how many of you live in AZ who read this blog. For those of you who don't, I am not sure if this is on the news anywhere else, but the grocery store union is about to go on strike for Fry's and Safeway. Which for those of you who are in CA, that stop by and read this blog, know this is not a good thing because it means many are out of a job until an agreement can be met. Which right now, during the holiday season is a bad time for anyone to be without a job but especially during a time when the economy sucks as is.
Where am I going with this? Well we are going to affected by this something awful. Us and thousands of others. We have been having financial difficulties as it is, we just got caught up on our car payment, which was 2 months behind, about to be repo'ed, then we are still $281 behind on last months rent. Our electricity is behind, have very little food in the house, but yet don't qualify for state assistance because we make to much. Which I don't know how that is possible seeing we barely make enough to cover, rent, electricity, car payment, insurance, the phone/Internet, which without the Internet we wouldn't have a phone, and I can not be without a phone because of Lily's heart. After all that is paid, we barely have anything for groceries. I am tired of hearing I am hungry all the time from my kids. In the 7 years with my husband, we have had hard financial times, but nothing like this. We wouldn't be so bad right now, but Chris took a vacation and things got mixed up and we ended up without a check and it has yet to be straightened out. Which that was a hard hit on us, seeing it was a whole paycheck we lost.
I am on the verge of tears all the time, my face has broken out like I am a teenager again from all the stress, a the word headache is my middle name. The kids are sick, I am sick, then lets add this damn strike to the list, I want to say enough is enough and throw in the towel. How much can we take. Granted yes we have a roof over our heads so it could get worse, but a roof over your head and an empty belly really sucks. As an adult we can handle it more then what kids can but how do you tell children that there isn't that much food and you have to ration what you have to make it last? You can't do that. Then knowing we are going to be without an income because of this strike. Even if I get hired on at one of the stores as a scab during the strike, what I would make wouldn't even begin to cover the bills we have. I am down on my hand and knees, beseeching the Lord for mercy, strength and courage...but I feel none, I feel so alone, and I can't show my tears, because I have to be the strength, the backbone of this household. I am the glue that holds us all together. So another day will pass, and I will put another fake smile on my face, and try to find a miracle of a silver lining in all of this....there is always a silver lining...isn't there? Please pray with us, prayers are the only thing that will get us through this tiring time ahead.
Love Hugs and Blessing
Jenna
Oh my Lily girl...I am so with you...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I so understand where you are. We are a family of eight who went from living in a comfortable if small three bedroom two bath home, to a two bedroom apartment, to a travel trailer meant for vacationing.. not living. We finally got some assistance since we both have no job now, but only for two children. So basically we are feeding eight people on the financial allotment for two!
How that makes sense I don't understand, but question it and you risk losing what little you have.. sigh..
Thanks God my little one's medical is covered (he's a heart baby too). I wish I could give some wonderful insight as to how all this is meant to make us stronger, but I just don't understand it myself. If nothing else, know that we may not know one another but we're in it together, every day.

Meet the Smiths said...

You and your family are in our prayers, Jenna. I wish there was something that I could do for you.

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

I nominated you for an award! Check it out when ya get the chance!
http://babybent.blogspot.com/2009/11/heartfelt-blogger-award-awww.html

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

I probably should have said "gave" instead of "nominated". LOL Sorry..