Friday, February 5, 2010

Lesson Learned

I have learned a few things today that I felt needed to be shared. I figured if we ever learned from others mistakes here are a few you should jot down into your mental notebook of do's and don'ts. What are they you are asking? Patience's young one, wisdom comes onto those in bad ways when you are to eager to know. I very rarely mention Karma, this would be a time I do... Alright Alright, on with it we go...

1: Don't take NyQuil when your significant other does so too. This is a recipe for disaster. 3 children, plus parents druged out on help you feel bed meds....Why did I take it you ask? Well I had such a brutal headache when I got home, I had taken 800mg of my Ibuprofen along with Tylenol and well, that was a no go. So I figured I needed sleep and it would be a cure all. Well duh Earth to Jenna, 3 sick kids, a sick husband, you sleep...HAHA...if it wasn't your insomnia keeping you up, it is the responsibilities of being a wife and mother.

Lesson? Say it with me here, NyQuil BAD, insomnia good when household sick.

2:(This is a biggie) When getting ready to go in for an echo and you are walking towards the door checking that you have everything. Do not look at the pre-made hospital bag from the night before and scoff at it. I mean it wasn't out loud or anything, but it felt me mentally mocking it. I was...I was thinking, HA HA, we narrowly escaped the 7th floor and beeping monitors...HA HA HA...my parade of mocking was rained on shortly after arriving...HA HA HA...damn bag got the last laugh...

Lesson? Don't ever mock...Mocking is rude, it is mean, it may be funny for people who enjoy sarcasm and a power trip...bad for when it gets thrown back in your face. Not sure about you but I don't enjoy when people laugh in my face...and I sure as heck don't like the flippin bag laughing at me....DON'T MOCK THE BAG!!!

3: While driving, the radio sucks. I go through all the stations it seems and nothing is good on. Christian, Country, Hip-hop, Rock...NADA...so where am I going with this? If you have an MP3 player in the car, it is great....BUT...it will make you feel like an idiot especially if you have one of the cars with all your volume controls and stuff on your steering where... Anyone see where I am going with this?............................... NO...ok so well lets just say, I have one head phone in my ear, because duh you don't drive with 2 because you have to hear. I always put it in my left ear because I am partially deaf on that side anyways, so I figure I can at least listen to something good, while still paying attention to the traffic around me. OK off track! So, when you have your earphone in, and it doesn't seem quite loud enough, as good of an idea as it is to not look down and play with your MP3 player to turn your oh so wonderful music up; it also doesn't help if you tried turning it up via steering wheel button. Lets hear a major DOOHHH for Jenna, because if I didn't already feel like a dork, I do now after admitting it.

Lesson? MP3 player good music but potential hazard for a blond moment, proceed with caution.

here is the last one....

When driving 5-6 mph above the recommended speed limit know it is ok to do so when and officer besides you is doing 5 more then you are. And when you are in the carpool lane doing 5-6 over, and get break checked, remember not to lay on your horn when it is a police SUV ahead of you. They are not fond of the horns. But seriously in my defense, I wasn't tailing him, he just literally break checked me it seemed. Like...Hey you...car behind me, i can tell you are going a little faster then the 65mph posted speed limit, and even though you won't get your picture taken by photo radar, I truly have nothing better to do with my time then brake check you to make sure you don't get to where you are wanting to go in a timely manner.

Ok Ok, that may have been a bit of an exaggeration of what Mr.Police Officer was thinking, but seriously, what was going on in that brain of his when he was like...OH...Break check. There was no one in front of him, there was no reason for him to stop like that...he seriously just wanted me to slow down. OK..dually noted, don't go as fast as the police when behind him. I guess on the up and up serious note, he didn't pull me over and give me a ticket for honking at him...can you get a ticket for honking at them? I don't doubt it.

Lesson, police officers rule the road, if they want to break check, they can break check and there is not a dang thing you can do about it. Any inferiority complex you may have about your driving skills or the lack there of in some peoples cases...just remember, they will put you in your place. I will remember this point the next time i get the urge to break check someone, which in my case, I get the urge a lot.....I swear I am not an aggressive driver...maybe a tad bit vocal but not aggressive..

Well, it is midnight, I should get some rest, I am exhausted. Lily is sleeping so that is my exit Que to say nighty night. Goodness knows we will have another long day ahead of us tomorrow. They come around for x-rays way to early for my liking. Guess I should suck it up and stop my yapping.....

Thank you for your prayers

Love, Hugs and Blessings
Jenna

No comments: