Friday, February 5, 2010

St.Joes...our home away from home

Yup, that's right, we are back at St.Joes. We were at the ER yesterday and they were thinking about admitting us, BUT, she looked good enough to go home, so home we went. We had to come back this morning for a follow up echo, (everything looks great) and she still was feeling and looking like crud. She is retracting really bad (bobbing of the head while breathing, and tugging under the ribs) She has a yucky cough, and her X-ray came back looking hazy but they don't think it is pneumonia, not sure what to think yet.

We had got an IV placed on what seemed to be her last vein only to loose it a few mins later do to the fact we were drawing blood from the other hand, and all her twisting, turning, and fighting, she pulled the other one out. Not sure what we are going to do. She has so much scaring, along with all her veins being blown. This stay is going to suck. Her respiratory rate is high along with her heart rate because of her fever. Her o2 saturation's are holding at the 95-96 area on room air so hopefully we don't have to put a nasal cannula on.....she is sick and miserable and mommy is just pure tired. Chris and the boys are at home sick also. Knock on wood, I have yet to get whatever this is and I am truly down on my knees praying I don't get this. I don't have the time, nor do I have....well the time for this. I am hoping for once my immune system holds strong, which usually doesn't happen BUT one can truly hope. Chris is usually the last to get anything so...yeah...(Wow, I can't believe I just said, So yeah...I feel so high school right now.) I am so stinking tired, I listened to all 4 of them cough in surround sound last night, Lily puked last night from coughing too, and the boys were up and down. I came to the hospital today totally unprepared, I am using one of the floors laptops right now, and lets just say I am not fond of it, but it will do for now. I need to go home and get what I need but I am so stinkin tired. It will be a long few days ahead of us, but nothing we are not unable to handle.

She will be getting a NG tube for fluids right now seeing we are unable to get an IV in place. As long as she holds her fluids down that will be fine, but if she starts vomiting again then we will have to try to find another vein...say a prayer it doesn't come to that.

All in all, she is just got a cruddy cold that is kicking her booty. Please pray for an uneventful stay and a fast recovery. There is no place like home for us. Hopefully in 24-48 hours we will be back in the comfort of our own home.

Love Hugs and Blessings
Jenna

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Oh Jenna! I'm praying for you all! How scary and cruddy!! Poor Lily...Poor Mama!!
Father God, touch this family RIGHT NOW! Lord give them the healing and peace that they need to get through this. Lord be with Chris and the boys, while they are home and recovering. Lord be with the Hospital Staff as well as with Lily. Wrap your arms around her and let her know that You are near. Lord I pray for Jenna. Lord give her the strength to be strong, the peace and rest while she sleeps. Thank you Lord!!! Thank you!