Friday, January 29, 2010

Help Jakey Blankies

The below post is taken from a fellow heart mom's page. She is asking for donation's in helping make more of these fabulously soft blankets for the heart unit Lily was just at. These blankets are incredible, they are so soft, I want a big one made just for me it is so soft. But getting to the point. As you will read below, they are a huge hit on the floor with all of the babies and parents, and more are needed again this year. Any little bit of a donation helps towards this. As heart parents we always want to try to give back, but as a heart parent with an Angel, we always want to help the legacy and memory of the baby live on in others also. So please, any little bit helps, see Lily loves her Jakey Blankie(we received ours during our last stay). To help donate you can follow the directions below, and to get to Jake's page, just click HERE. We are all quick to donate to Cancer Foundations and Relief Funds, but lets take in account all these little ones who endure so much. Heart babies don't get the media attention needed, so in the mean time lets help make them as comfortable as possible.
Sincerely Jenna


Hi Everyone,


This is a HUGE plea to anyone that is listening!! I am doing a jakey's blankies donation drive over the next week and 1/2. I want to try to earn as much money as possible to make blankies for the heart unit that Jake was in. I know it won't be nearly as much as we earned last year, (We were able to make 120 blankies!!)


but even 50 blankies would be a miracle. The heart unit has had a HUGE response to these, both by the parents and the children. The parents snuggle with these blankies while the children are in surgery, and the kids snuggle with them the rest of the time. I LOVE it!
So, here is my plea:
I know times are tough, but if you are able to spare even $5, please donate to Jakey's blankies. You can donate on my paypal link (just to the right-it takes credit or debit cards or paypal payments).
Or you can mail a donation to:
Jakey's blankies
c/o Bishop Anderson-Summerfield Ward2791 E Los Alamos CtGilbert, AZ 85295
Please Make checks payable to: Summerfield Ward

Also, if you are able to copy and paste this post into your own blog, or put a note on your blog about the donations, I would really appreciate it. I want to get as many donations by Feb 9th (Jake's Angel day)-but I will never turn donations down! :)
Thank you all for the donations so far. I want to do as much as I can for Jake, and this is one of the last things I can do that will keep his memory alive at the hospital.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at:
edennison78@yahoo.com
Again, THANK YOU ALL!!

1 comment:

Dennison Family said...

Thank you SO much for putting this on your blog! I love the blankie Lily got-its one of my faves. You are such a sweetheart for posting this, and for putting a pic of Lily with her blankie! I LOVE that photo. I'm so glad Lily likes it! It's like a hug from Jake to her! :) Thanks again!