Thursday, January 21, 2010

Busy Bee

How do I put into words how relieved I am since surgery. Yet we still have a long road ahead of us, a lot of new learning to do as to medical care, the burden of stress, weighing down my shoulders has been lifted. Many want to know how things are going and I would like to ask your understanding and forgiveness as I have not blogged since the day of surgery. Not that I haven't wanted to, and it hasn't even been because I have been super busy with Lily, it has been more of the problem of, I have been so mentally exhausted that I can't form thought processes and all I have wanted to do is sleep.

As many of you know I have insomnia but at the hospital is one of the few places I am actually tired enough I can sleep. My mind is so mentally and emotionally worn out, that my body physically doesn't have to be tired in order to sleep. So seeing I have caught up on it I figured I should get on our blog and put out an update.

Lily is down to one pump left being on. Today they want her up and out of bed and moving around. She has a bit of fluid in the right side of her chest. They are hoping with moving around the fluid will go away on its own without having to put a tube in to drain it. She is still a bit junkie in her chest but nothing horrible. Her O2 saturation's are still in the low 90's with oxygen help, not to sure I am happy with that, but I am thinking it has to do with the fluid in her chest. If it doesn't come up once the fluid is gone I will inquire more about it then.

All in all, the only things keeping us here is the fluid in the chest and needing to regulate her blood thinner. We need to make sure we find the specific dose we need. From everything I have been told, this new med we will go home on is no joke. It isn't like the beta blocker we have been on, where if we miss giving it at the designated time, you still have an hour cushion. Not with this med, it is not a force to be reckoned with. Basically fatal if not given right or on time...So what did we learn from this little blurb..blood thinner..super important, don't mess with it, killer important, yes pun was intended.


(this was yesterday before they pulled the chest tubes)

Lily is a super star, once again showing why we call her our Princess Warrior. She faces each battle she comes up against head on. She is truly a trooper, through pain and everything else that comes along with after surgery care. She voices her opinions (by screaming of course) and smiles when she is happy with what they are doing. Which is mostly when their backs are turned walking out the door. Lily just likes to be left alone, she wants to recover on her own, without the constant prodding of others, and I truly don't blame her.

Our main goal now, is getting her eating and up and around. She ate a few bites of a Banana and a handful of bites of yogurt. She needs to eat more, but she just doesn't seem interested in any of it. I might have to see if daddy will bring her some of her mini raviolis when he comes to visit. She doesn't want her juice or milk either. Not sure what to do with her, but we will figure it out.


So that is about it, nothing else is new. I just have a cranky 23 month old on hand, but nothing I can't handle. She is a bit fragile at the moment but still has the gumption to let us know when something is wrong. She is a tough/smart cookie.

Love, Hugs and Blessings
~Jenna~

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! She is amazingly strong and a true trooper. So happy she has this surgery behind her and now she can focus on recovering and going back home. So awesome Jenna! She is truly a princess warrior! My heart melts for her and everything she has been through. I will be praying very hard for her! Seeing her pic truly brings tears to my eyes both of joy and sadness. (((Hugs)))

Michelle
www.withallmyhearts.blogspot.com

Meet the Smiths said...

She is a trooper. It makes me happy to see her up. I am sad that she has to go through all of this, but she is truly an inspiration.

Lacey said...

I'm glad she's doing so great. Don't ya just love blood thinners? Something we get to do for the rest of Jax life! Its not lovenox is it? Thats what Jax is on and its a shot twice a day. Not fun for you.

Aimee Hardy said...

What a trooper. So glad she is doing well and came through her surgery like a champ. Keep up the good work lily!

Avery said...

that's a great update.. It sounds like she's doing as great as is possible at this point... she's amazing. She looks so great already! Sitting up eating a popsicle! Glad you got to catch up on some sleep... I'm the total opposite.. I can't sleep at all there. hope today brings tons of progress!

Molly Wright said...

I'm glad to see she is doing so well! Although, I have to say...seeing all the pictures makes me dread doing this with Mark in a year or so. I am a little jealous that you are getting it over with before she is too old! I hope that fluid goes away quick!

Greg and Heidi said...

She looks great! Good thing she isn't the typical scrawny heart kiddo. She looks like she is holding up well and will hopefully take to eating soon! Still Praying!