Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Holidng strong

As of 8ish last night, I finally knocked out, until about 4am. Lily woke me up crying, and Larry informed me she really hasn't been to fussy all night long. The times she has stirred he was able to talk her back to sleep and has only had to give her 2 doses of morphine through his shift. She has had a slight fever, so she has wash clothes back on her. She is not liking her nasal cannula, so if she gets her arms lose from her restraints at all, the first thing she reaches for are the prongs. She was ticked off to high heaven when I held her arm down until we could tighten restraints. Big bad mean ole' mommy. She is hating the No-No boards. For those of you who don't know these, think of it as soft cast that wraps around your whole arm so you can't bend them.....yeah, you can see why she is not fond of them. Other then all this, her lungs sound clear, her blood gases are great, so verdict is she is doing wonderful. Nothing to much to update at this time, once we have rounds in the morning I will post again.

I wish I could thank everyone individually for all of your prayers. Every one of them, no matter how big, nor small, counted. Lily is doing so well not only because of her will to fight, but also because of His will to help her fight. We still have a while to go for recovery, but right now we are headed in the right direction and prayer is leading us that way.

Please continue to keep my little miss in your prayers. She truly is a warrior, she fights every battle she comes up against with everything she's got. How can she not make any mommy proud.

Love Hugs and Blessings
Jenna

1 comment:

Meet the Smiths said...

still praying for Little Miss. She is doing great! As well as can be expected...being an active toddler after open heart surgery. I hope her fever stays down and goes away completely.

She is definitely a warrior.

And I lover her blanket!!