Tuesday, January 19, 2010

UPDATE 5~

She woke up when they brought her up, she tried to grab her vent tubes, they got her hands in time and restrained her. Gave her more la-la meds (yeah I know heart moms, those are not proper terms, but right now after going 27 hours without sleep...la-la seems like as good of a word as any.)

She has a temp of 101* right now, we have wet wash clothes on her, they also gave her Tylenol. She is still fidgety every after another round of Fentanyl, because she keeps arching her back in pain. We have got a lot of junk from her chest, Kristi and I were quite grossed out at the loogie(yeah yeah yeah, not a medical term) she got out during a suction. It was good to get it out but gross to see.

To all heart moms or anyone else trying to call in to check how she is doing, I have put a stop on all calls to the room. with her being so fidgety any and all noise has seemed to disturb her. I will remove the call block tomorrow, but as of tonight if you need to get me, you can catch me over on Yahoo IM. LucasNAustinNLilyana@yahoo.com

The number to the floor for those who want to know is 602-406-5273 Room 20.

We are hoping for a very uneventful night. Her blood gasses look great for now and there seem to be no complaints from the doctors.

I will update later with some pictures.

~J~

3 comments:

Avery said...

good news.. I havn't called for that reason.. I hate when that loud obnoxious phone rings when they're so sick.. Hope you have an uneventful night.

Molly Wright said...

I just read on Facebook that she is extubated...yea! I hope the junkiness goes away and she can rest. You too!

Michelle said...

Hi Jenna, I was in the hospital with Alexa so had not been able to check in on you but happy to see that she is out of surgery and doing well! You'll continue in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing her a smooth recovery and you some sleep. (((Hugs)))

Michelle
www.withallmyhearts.blogspot.com