Sunday, March 21, 2010

Blogging Hiatus

I have put my self on an unintentional blogging hiatus. More so because of the chaotically hecticness of life right now, but I have kind of hit a mental wall block with my writing. I can't seem to write anything that I deem worthy enough to publish on this blog. You would be amazed to see how many unpublished blogs I have lined up since before Lily's birthday till now. I usually have so many things on my mind when i am sitting down to blog, I can't hone in on the few things that need to be written about at that point in time. Instead it is word vomit, having no structure, and always bouncing. Most times I don't blog for long spurts, it has to do with my own personal mental walls I place in my way. I have plenty to tell, just cant seem to do it in the normal elaborate fashion usually do. So I will make this blog simple so you can know how Lily is doing, seeing that is what most come by to check on.

1: Night terrors- have calmed down, she still has them, just not as much and not as frequently as she was having them. More sleep for baby, more sleep for mommy, makes the house happy.

2: As many know who follow us on facebook, Lily is sick, kind of. She got a pretty bad ear infection, but she also has a yucky cough. Her chest is clear and her labs came back looking good, so the only thing that we all can think of is its just allergies. And in the McLaughlin household, if you don't have allergies, something is wrong with you. Still waiting to talk with Cardiology to see if we may be able to do breathing treatments with her, she use to have arrhythmia problems, so I am always over cautious about anything that accelerates her heart rate.She is pretty wheezy and can't stop coughing at night because of her nose draining down the back of her throat. She is sleeping with her mattress elevated, the humidifier on, with Vick's vapor rub on just to stop the coughing.

3: Lily's INR went out of range at a 7.7 level. To say it freaked me out was an understatement. When I did research in the beginning about Prothrombin time/INR levels, I learned what needed to be learned. I looked into what it means to go out of rage on the lower end and what it means to go out of range on the higher end. Being on the high end means there is an easier chance at internal bleeding when falling, along with brain bleeds, and trying to stop the blood flow all together if she was to cut herself. For example, a little poke on her finger from the doctors office took me 5 mins to get it to stop bleeding. For you and I, we would clot within a few seconds. Once home and talking with the Cardiologist office, we went off of her blood thinner to drop her range, and within 2 days she dropped back in at a safe 2.7, with a slight change to the Milligram dosage, hopefully come Monday all will be well and we will have it behind us.

4: We finally got Lily's at home INR Meter. I have to have a nurse "train" me on using it. But after reading the booklet that came with it, and watching it done twice weekly, I am pretty confident it isn't that big of a deal in doing it. I am excited to get started so we can readjust and be more independent with our time instead of being tied down with doctors appointments.

Ok, that is about it for now. I still am working on Lily's birthday post, such a horrible mama I am this year. I just can't find the right words to say in the post I need to write. I print these off for Lily so she can one day read them, so I try to make them worthy of her.

here are a few pictures, I hope to be back and blogging soon.

Love, Hugs, and Blessings
Jenna



1 comment:

Lacey said...

Man I can't believe how long her hair is getting! I wish we could check Jax levels at home. We have to go in every time. I don't know if its because its a different med. Jax is on lovenox. Its a pain though.