Thursday, September 11, 2008

Counting down the days

So here we are, less then a week before we step back into the Heart and Lung Institute to get the verdict on Lily's heart and how it has been doing. From appearances, she has been doing well, with the occasional blue lips and dusky complexion...she has been growing, eating, sleeping normally, etc. Nothing to out of the norm except for the things mentioned above. She is now weighing in at a respectable 17lbs 4 oz...and is 27 inches long.
(Such a BIG girl)
She is trying to crawl with all her might, she is so cute, she will get her toes dug into the carpet and get her knees up under her...the only problem with that is, she doesn't realize that she needs to push up on her arms when she does this, so she does an automatic face plant into the carpet...She doesn't seem to mind it...so as long as she is happy, we're happy. So speaking about how she is trying to move everywhere, I like to refer to her these days as my rolling tumble weed. She is everywhere...good gracious, I have had to put pillows where I don't want her, (in our apartment baby gates don't fit everywhere...which is annoying) I have contraptions all over the place to keep her out of things. She giggles to while she rolls, which is adorable to say the least.

People say her and I dont look alike!

Enjoying my Lily time!

But...under all that adorable baby, is a pistol...Lordy bee this little girl knows how to make you bend to her will. I try never to get agitated with her, but I am not perfect and i know I have once or twice...last night for sure...I wanted to cry I was so sleep deprived. The boys went to bed at 8 and so did she, I laid down at 8:30, just curled my legs up with my pillow, pulled the blankets up to my chin and closed my eyes...(Most mom's know where I am going with this) what happens????? Yup...sure thing...Lily woke up...SCREAMING...she was just mad that she was in her crib, because as soon as I picked her up she stopped....ugh...needless to say, I grabbed a blanket and my pillows and trekked out to the living room and made myself as comfy of a bed as I possibly could on the living room floor. I put Lily down, with all the toys she owns, turned the TV onto Deadliest Catch (Still her fave show) and made sure she had a full bottle just incase. I barricaded her into the living room so she couldn't go anywhere...and I tried to get something that resembled sleep...Needless to say...that wasn't much of anything at all, and I didn't get anything solid until Chris got home at 11:30, and I slept a solid 30 mins until I had to get up at Midnight and take a shower to get ready for work...Needless to say, I was not my cheery, peppy self this morning...very sarcastic actually....me....sarcastic...never..(Hope you caught that sarcasm)

Smiley Lily girl!

Such a goofy smile, but we love every second of it!)
Anyways, all in all, everything on the home front is good...just a little nervous...but good. I will be happy when the day has come and gone and nothing more then a "She looks good, we will see you in 2 months" come from all of this...One can hope and pray that is all that is said...Please pray with us. I will update once that apt is over unless something of importance comes up between now and then!

1 comment:

The Parks said...

Good luck at your appointment!!!! I hope everything goes well! Isn't it the best to watch them start to crawl and get around!?!? She is to cute!!! Sorry your not getting any sleep, We will be praying for you and your results!!!!