Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday Austin Boy

A world of wonder, to a child every thing they see is new. To see the look of awe on a child's face is a beauty of its own. I LOVE these pictures, I wish I was a photographer and could take better pictures, but as a mother I do the best I can. I have always wanted to get a picture of my child looking out a window with the reflection of their face showing in the picture...maybe one of these days I will be able to get it.

Sunday was Austins birthday, these pictures are from that wonderful day. My middle son, my baby boy turned 3. Where in the world has the time gone, it is unbelievable to think that 3 years ago I was holding a little baby boy in my arms, thinking about how chaotic it was going to be with 2 kids. Little did I know that 2 years from then my life would be turned upside down with Lily. Even though she has been a handful (to say the least) she has taught us many things.




She taught us to look at life with wonder every day. Just like this picture to the right, wonder and awe. I wish I could hear what she was thinking, hear her innocent thoughts. I wish I could understand her babbles and coo's. I love when she looks at you and within a minute has about 10 different faces because of her thoughts. We call them the many faces of Lily, i will have to put my shutter feature on my camera one of these days and let it go to see how many facial expressions I capture.... it would be interesting.

Lily goes to the Cardi on February 4Th, I am excited because we will get to see all of our favorite nurses but I am dreading it because I don't want to hear the news that the valve pressure is up again. I think it is, because her lips have been turning blue out of nowhere and it is unsettling...we will see. I think she is about 23lbs now but we will see how close I am. She is sure a chunky monkey, but that doesn't mean anything but good things. The doctors want her nice and plump....Lily never ceases to disappoint them!


Austin's face is worth a thousand words. Once again, to be a child again! The excitement, the innocence, it is a blessing. I wish we all could retain that child like personality but we can't. When things like Chris and My life happened, our childness flew out the window and in came these old souls.

Austin reminds me of me, he loves to draw, he loves to be independent, he loves music, to dance, to sing, to laugh. He is just the boy version of me. He has spunk and adventure, he will be a child for as long as possible, unlike me. I will help him retain his innocence, his childhood, he will not grow up as fast as I did, because we wont let him. He may be the middle child, but he will not have middle child syndrome. He will not be left out, he will not feel forgotten, because his mama was a middle child and wont let any of that happen. My little snoodlebug....I love him so much, he is growing up to fast, I am going to miss the days when he wont snuggle with me anymore. I dread the day he wont come up to me out of nowhere and give me a kiss on the cheek just because, and say "Mama, I wuv you so much!" "How much is so much Austin?" "This much mama!"(holding his arms out) "This much Austin?" (Holding my arms out) "Yup. that much mama" Then wrapping him in my arms and saying,"I love you this much Austi boy, I love you this much!" "I wuv you too mama, your silly." then he giggles and runs off.....how come they cant stay little forever?



Oh my Lucas boy, 5 years old and growing. He is talking already about when he turns 6. He will be the one who tries to grow up to quickly and I will be running ahead of him trying to hold him back. He is talking about when he goes to school and gets homework. I wish someone would let him in on the secret that school work isn't what its cracked up to be....that he should enjoy sleeping in while he can. But he is my energy driven child, bouncing around the moment he wakes up, to the moment he lays down. He has been like that since he was born, I wish I had that type of energy still.....I wish!!

1 comment:

Avery said...

such a cute post... Lily looks sooo big and old!! Her outfit is adorable.. What time on Saturday are you doing her party?