Monday, January 12, 2009

My Pile of Laundry


I am SOOO behind on house work it is awful...and this is what I found in my laundry pile....I think this is one of the cutest pictures I have of my Lilybug. She had a blast on the pile of laundry, clean I must add, she giggled the whole time she was crawling over it...she would roll off of it and then climb right back on it.
I feel like the worst house wife in all history because my laundry beckons me and all I can do to keep my eyes open is to sit here and type out everything I have to do instead of attending to my duties. But after getting up at 1am and working until 8 this morning, and not returning back to bed until 10pm tonight and having to get up and do it again tomorrow, lessens the guilt just a little. I would rather spend time with my monsters...I mean kids then do house work. When I only have energy for one or the other.
Lily is starting to sound a little better. A little less junk in her trunk...She is still coughing like a mad woman though and she whimpers from time to time. I can only imagine it hurting her to cough seeing she had her surgery a month ago. I can't believe a month ago she was 24 hours post-op. To go from seeing her smiling face almost all day, to seeing nothing but sedation and pain a month ago grounded me again. It reminded me of how blessed I truly am. She looks like a normal healthy child on the outside, except when you see the bright red scar down the center of her chest. The "Zipper" to her heart. 22lbs, 2 1/2 feet tall, she is a "Healthy" child to say the least. In the McLaughin's we don't make them any other way. They are built to take on the world, one challenge at a time...and Lily is showing them all how it is done. A McLaughling by name, but a Brown and Daffron at heart, stubborness to the core, determination to the soul, and strength from the grace of our heavenly creator, that shines through her time and time again.

This is my blessing walking....ok...not quite walking, but close enough. She got this stroller for Christmas from my mother. (Once again, don't mind the mess in the background...I was in the process of taking all the Christmas stuff down, boxes every where) As soon as we put it together, we stood her up with it and she took off....it was truly amazing and a sight to witness. She had never done it before. My mother and I cried. To be able to see my baby girl take those first steps...with assitiance or not, is such an accomplishment for my little girl. A milestone I dared not even dream of reaching because living life day to day. I wanted to drop to my knees and praise our Lord God Almighty for letting me witness this. He has shown me time and time again that miracle can and will happen. That even though Lily hasn't recieved a complete healing, doesn't mean she isn't any less of a miracle. I am blessed like I have always said that I call her mine. That she was sent to me, that she will call me "Mama".
I will never be the same. Lily had changed my life... our lives for the better. Every day is a new day, with the setting of the sun, to the rising of the new one, we change daily, because of her! Because God was willing to send us this angel, his gift to us.








3 comments:

The Parks said...

Oh my goodness she is a beautiful child! I totally get the whole house work stuff, I feel like its either teach my son something new or clean my house... 99% of the time its teach him something new!!! haha You are amazing and I admire you completely!!!

Avery said...

SO beautiful... I feel exactly the same way..isn't is absolutley amazing how they just melt your heart? Everytime I look at her I can't help but wonder at the miracle she is. I have never smiled more than at my Bela.. Way to go Lily on the walking!! I can't believe that!!

Heidi Ann said...

She is precious as ever! I wish I would have had a chance to chat with you at Jersey's funeral, thank you for coming, I know it wasn't close. Hope Lily Girl is doing well, keep the update coming!