Monday, July 20, 2009

Foreboding

Do you ever just get the feeling something is not right? Like something is off, or something bad is going to happen. Yet no matter how hard you try to figure out why you have these nagging feelings, you can not pin point it until it happens?

I have no idea if it pertains to Lily or our upcoming move. I would take the later rather then something wrong with Lily of course, but I can't help feel something is wrong with her heart. More so then normal that is. Of course if I called the doctors, what do I tell them? That something doesn't feel right in my gut. That she looks normal on the outside, but I fear there is a war raging on the inside? Do I say she seems short of breath, but not all the time. Or that she is sweaty, but that is Lily's MO? I see her lips get a deep reddish/blue, or she seems to be dusky around the mouth, but when I get someone else's opinion, she looks just fine. I wonder if it is my eyes playing tricks on me. She just had an echo done, she was holding stable with her grating on the valve. We all know surgery is looming, but not something that needs to be done right now. And from what I have been told, I don't have to worry about her going into heart failure because of this problem. She won't deteriorate that quickly, not like last time.

Ugh I don't know. I just don't like this feeling. There is nothing I can do but give it to God and pray for peace. What will come, will come, and no matter what, He will see us through it all. That is the comfort I have, that no matter what, I will not be alone, and even if I stumble, I will be caught. I will weather the storm, dancing through it...just don't watch...I may look goofy!

6 comments:

Lacey said...

If you have a great pediatrician, a simple chest x-ray could show if her heart is bigger, meaning more failure. Mommies are always right, if you have to, fib a little. Say she looks more blue than she does just to make sure she's ok.

tumbleweedgirl said...

tell your dr. if they're any good, they will just listen and figure it out for you. your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.

when lia was in the NICU, i told them she wasn't quite right one day. on the oscillator, and every other medication. i told them her lung was in trouble and which side. they didn't listen. i left for lunch, being hurried out of the room for 'a break'.

i came back. i was right, she has perf'd her lung and had a huge Pneumo. after that, they listened every time i thought she was in pain or something might be not quite right.

listen to your heart.

rhys

Andie's Mommy said...

I would love to help this cause too. We had a baby in Feb. and she passed in March. We didnt even know anything was wrong with her until we took her home and she didnt seem right. She ended up with a coarctation of the aorta which is the easiest heart defect to have. But going undetected for three days, she got pulmonary hypertension in her lungs. Thats what ended up taking her life. I will do whatever to help you make people more aware if this cause. Im glad to see your beautiful baby blooming.
Love,
Brooke

Andie's Mommy said...

I would love to help this cause too. We had a baby in Feb. and she passed in March. We didnt even know anything was wrong with her until we took her home and she didnt seem right. She ended up with a coarctation of the aorta which is the easiest heart defect to have. But going undetected for three days, she got pulmonary hypertension in her lungs. Thats what ended up taking her life. I will do whatever to help you make people more aware if this cause. Im glad to see your beautiful baby blooming.
Love,
Brooke

Andie's Mommy said...

Im sorry I didnt realize it worked the first time.
Brooke

Andie's Mommy said...

Oops, I wanted to give you Andie's blog.
andiegrace.blogspot.com
Thx again,
Brooke