Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ball Game and Silly Lily

We are blessed to have such a great cardiac team, but on top of that, they go above and beyond to help all of us heart parents to stay connected by holding heart meetings and also events such as a Day at the Ball Park on top of other things like the Heart Walks and Picnic's at the park.
** To the left you will see a "Button" for donating to Lily's heart unit. I know times are hard, but every little bit helps. Without Lily's heart team we would be lost, and goodness knows how Lily would be. We are indebted to the team at St.Joes. If you are able and would like to make a donation, click the button and it will take you to a secure site to do so.**

We unfortunately don't make very many events due to Chris's work schedule, but we were actually able to make the ballgame and the boys had a blast, and Lily was a whirlwind monster. She is so big and that has always been on her side, and Dr.P and her surgeon Dr.C got to see my monster in action. Always on the go, moving, running, climbing, and almost never winded. It is wonderful to see her so energetic, knowing what is going on with her heart, you can tell it doesn't slow her down. Hopefully this strength will come with us into the next surgery, she is going to need every ounce of it to fight.
We got to watch the game in style, we were in a suite, I don't think the boys will enjoy their seats the next time we go..
Lily is almost always quiet while she is stuffing her face, popcorn is her new thing, and boy does she go to town with it
The Lily Monster in action, roaring, barking, and squealing, she was having a blast
On the way out I had to get pictures with my baseball fan, he was so thrilled to go, he is going to be a baseball play for Halloween and he wants to be one when he grows up

My 3 munchkins, the all look so much alike, but all different in their own ways. Lily and Austin look more alike then Lucas vs them, Lucas is a carbon copy of his daddy, the other two have more of me in them
We were getting ready to leave, Lily was thrilled to be getting out. Even though she is a toughie, we still keep her home bound most of the time. Better safe then sorry, and with Lucas in school, goodness knows we are going to get enough germ buggies this year.

My handsome handsome little man, just like his daddy!
Lily being the goober she is, always knows how to make a great picture even better!
Lily, are you praying for less crazy hair?
Please pick me up daddy, please?....and her please is, "Hi"...she says it so sweetly that you can't help but give her loving when she does....she now says it when she is in trouble, she will wave at you and say hi
She wanted the cookies that were on the inside, very badly!
My blue eyed monster!
Nothing better then a good, CHEESE!!!

All in all nothing exciting is going on around here. Lily's next cardiologist visit is on the 13th of this month, we have an echo that day also, so hopefully we will stay stable enough so Lily and I can take a trip to Missouri this fall and visit Lily's god parents. Mommy needs a vacation. It would just be Lily and myself and Chris would be at home with the boys. The great thing about St.Louis, is they have a great children's hospital with a great cardiac unit and team. Lily's Godmother was a heart baby also, not to the extent of Lily's conditions, but enough to warrant surgeries and cardiac apts.

I will update as soon as any new news comes in, it is hard to blog when there is not much to blog about...well Lily wise that is, I have my own blog for my own blogging, but I don't seem to get over there much anymore. I blog in my mind, which is short for saying, I am to dang lazy to type it all out. Then again, seems like I don't have much time these days until it is late, and then by that time I am way to tired to do it. Yes Yes Yes, for those of you who know me you are thinking, but Jenna, you are up until the wee hours of the morning anyways so what is the big deal with finding time to write? But for those of you who enjoy writing, blogging is difficult to do when it is 3am, and your brain is functioning only due to the fact of it is restless but can't string words together to form comprehensible sentences. So what I am saying is, I will stick to sudoku, that is about all my brain can handle at that time of the morning.

Love Hugs and Blessings
Jenna

3 comments:

Lacey said...

My gosh Lily looks so old. time flies to fast I guess. What a great time you guys had!

Kaitlin Marcelo said...

AWWWWW how cute Jenna we miss you so much at the apartment!! Love, Huggs and Blessings!
Sue Kaitlin Nicholas Nick! The Marcelo's

Kaitlin Marcelo said...

AWWWWW how cute Jenna we miss you so much at the apartment!! Love, Huggs and Blessings!
Sue Kaitlin Nicholas Nick! The Marcelo's