Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Book in Process

This was us waiting....
Lily had a TEE (Trans Esophageal Echo) This was right before we were admitted back to the Heart and Lung Floor!
This is what it looks like to wait for news while your child is in surgery!
A hard sight to see....you just want to say...please don't take my baby! But you know them taking your baby is the only way she will survive!
One last kiss goodbye for 10 hours.....a horrible thought of...this may be my last kiss inevitably crosses your mind...

This is one of the hardest moments....your child squeezes your finger...all you can do is hold that finger as tears of joy and fear run down your cheek. You thank God that your child is still with you and even though you can do nothing more then hold that tiny little miracle of a finger, you are grateful, for every second you have with them.

This is why we love St.Joes.... Thank you Maria for Loving my daughter the way you do. You truly are part of our family.
Hi there daddy.....

Daddy said he didn't want a girl....now she is his pride and joy.... although he will still tell you, girls are trouble....I mean look at how much trouble she is giving us already... and she isn't even talking back yet...


So I finally have begun my book, well not my book.....it is Lily's story....it is OUR journey. Since a child I have always wanted to write a book but I never knew about what. Well once I found out Lily's heart while being pregnant, I have felt the drive towards doing something about this. I felt it was unfair that we knew nothing about CHD's and I find it even more unfair that we were LUCKY to have found out about it. No one should be caught off guard on any of this. So...with the Lord direction I will get this book done. I am using all my blogging during pregnancy, along with when she was born, using the journal that I have kept from both rounds at the hospital and most likely that will be used again seeing we don't know when her next surgery will be....but friends, family and nurses wrote in her journal....the book will include pictures also....I am so glad I have documented as much as I have...I truly feel God has placed this in my life so I can help do something about it......I guess you could just say I am Mom on a mission.!!!!


No comments: