Saturday, May 17, 2008

Were Home!!!

Saying our Good-byes!
Above: Lily with MaryRose
Above: Lily with Kristi
Above: Lily with Rhonda
Above and Below
Lily with Dr. Grimaldi
Welcome Home

So here we are...Home at last! I can't believe we spent another 4 weeks in the hospital. That would be 8 1/2 weeks of her 11 weeks of life! We came home on the 15Th around 7pm. She was a little fussy once we came home, you figure being around constant noise then coming home to a household that was calm for the time being was a little bit of an adjustment...not to mention that she wanted to be held ALL the time, thanks to her nurses at the hospital, along with my doing....and not to mention the walks we would take during the day and nights. So...it has been hard getting her to adjust to home life but heck we have been home 2 days and shes been gone 4 weeks....it will take a while. Oh so I have to mention she makes me laugh because if she doesn't want to be held she wants to be in her bouncer in my room, on my bed, with the TV on...and what channel might you ask???? The Food Network of course. She is taking after mommy already. I have loved that channel since I was a kid...couldn't get enough of it and I love to cook so I am hoping she will also. But that is me getting ahead of myself, she is only 2 1/2 months old so we have a LONG while until we get to that point in life.



When we left on Thursday we got a fond farewell and a "We would love to see you again, but not like this." speech. Such a wonderful group of nurses and doctors at St. Joe's Heart and Lung Floor. I can not be thankful enough for living so close to them. It was sad to leave because it is our second home but so nice to come home and place my baby girl back into her bassinet and have the family all together under one roof again. How nice it was to lay in bed and be able to have my husband at arms length and my daughter at my other arms length. She slept through the night our first night home, like the little angel she is....when she is a in a good mood that is...lol. She came home on 4 meds, her amiodarone for her arrhythmia and lasix for fluid, previcid and zantic for the tummy problems. We are now on Nutramagin, she no longer is getting breast milk because I have dried up, unfortunately. Under all the stress from her second surgery, I either forgot to eat or pump, so needless to say, there goes the milk supply. I am so tired trying to keep up with 2 rambuncious boys and a high maintenance little girl along with keep a household in check and be a companion to my husband by spending time with him instead of constantly sleeping. Our life will settle back into normality here soon I hope but until then, it will be a lot of hair pulling, pillow screaming, and headaches. But if you were to ask me if I wanted to trade any of it, I would look at you like you were crazy and tell you I would not change one thing about my life. My life is a blessing, who could ask for more? Be thankful of what you have because it could be gone tomorrow.



1 comment:

Avery said...

Jenna--
YEAH!!! I was soo glad to check your blog today and see that you guys are home!! I check your blog all the time for updates on little Lily...I feel like I know you so much better than I actually do because we've gone through so much of the same things and everything you say is exactly how I feel. We left the hospital (from our second stay) a few days after you guys got there. I went by your room a few times but everytime I did there was a dr. or nurse in there with you so I didn't want to bother you. We have been praying and praying for Lily to recover and get back home with you. Your life will calm back down soon(somewhat :)). I felt like I was going to have a break down about every day for the first two weeks we were home, but we slowly have gotten into somewhat of a schedule. I admire you for doing all that you're doing...I can hardly take care of one other and you have two! We pray for her to keep getting stronger...she looks so great in the last pictures you posted of her. Such a strong little girl... Someday she and Bela will have to play, they are two special, one-of-a-kind baby girls. Good luck with her at home!!