Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lily's first wedding and mommies thoughts and reflections

Above
Lily with her Unlce Cody and his new wife Makenna
Below
Left to right
Daddy, Cody,Lily,Makenna,Mommy
Below
Mommy with Lily girl
Below, Mommy with her Lily girl
Below
Getting late but still wide awake!

Below
Lily with her Daddy



Lily got to go to her first wedding today...it was tons of fun. If it weren't for the bride she would have been the prettiest there. The bride was beautiful but seeing I am mommy, I am byasst, so no one can be as beautiful as my child.




She sucked up the attention from her uncle Cody, (This is an Honorary uncle) he adored her. He kept refering to her as a miracle child all night whenever anyone would walk up to us and adore her also. It breaks his heart that she has such a special heart. Such a good uncle, and such a wonderful friend he is. We miss him terribly, he is stationed overseas in Japan, while in the Navy, he is going on 5 years this year. Him and his new wife leave first thing tomorrow morning. We wish they didn't have to leave so soon, Cody has never seen Austin, and the last time her saw Lucas he was 2 years old. It has been a while since we last saw him. We can't wait until he returns again, hopefully for good sometime soon.





Lily was a hit at the reception, I repedatly answered questions about CHD's and her health. Does it get tiering? Yes....do I mind, No..This is our life, and it could happen to anyone, better to open their eyes to it, then let them walk blindly and then one day it could possibly effect them or someone else they know. Such a true blessing we hold in our arms every night. She snuggles close as we rock her asleep, she breathes deeper and heavier as you sing to her, and she will peek open those eyes one more time right before she heads off to dreamland, I like to say she is making sure she is still with Mommy and Daddy, not Jesus. I think she spends her time with him in her dreams, because she sure smiles a lot durring them.





I wonder if he held her close when I couldn't. I believe he did, because that would bring me comfort knowing that she at least had some loving, comforting arms around her in her time of need, that they gave her the strength and will power. I belive that the Lord whipserd in her ear durring the first 24 hours after her 2nd surgery. I feel deep down that he was the one saying to her..."Lily, you can't come home yet....I know your tired...I know your heart is weak....but do you feel your mommies hand there in yours...she needs you right now....have faith my child...here is my strength...here is my courage....here is my love....fight...I will never leave your side....let me do the work for you....just rest dear child...sweet child of mine...just rest now." Were these his exact words to her....Most likely not...and we will never know what he said to her, because that is between her and the Lord....but I like to wonder...The Lord is always by us...he never will leave us...even when we turn our back on him. He stands there with open arms, waiting for our return.




No comments: