Monday, June 2, 2008

Just another day in the McLaughlin Household!

!Meet our Household!
(Lucas)

(Austin)
Mama and Lily with the funny face...mama chopped her hair

! Belly time for the first time since her second OHS!

(Mommys New Hair)

as i sit here and type this i have a sleeping baby on my chest and two children sitting in front of the TV watching Dora, quite for the first time today....I think I am losing hair from stress, everytime I brush my hair I have to clean it out afterwards from mass amounts of hair that wasn't there before hand....normal children are stressful enough...but add an autistic child, an asmahtic child and a heart child all together...what do you get? No sleep, tons of worries, stress and no quite! I can't remember the last time my head didn't hurt at all. I can't remember the last time I have eatten, breakfast, lunch AND dinner...most days it is a snack and dinner with lots to drink inbetween to keep myself from passing out. When you have next to no help it gets hard.







We have friends coming in town in about 2 weeks, my house is a mess....and you all are probably thinking...2 weeks..she should be able to get the house together in 2 weeks....yes...I should be able to...but that is before we add mishaps in between...such as a 2 year old drawing on the wall, carpet, his brother and himself....or that is before a 4 year old sticks his hand in the back of the toliet and then the next thing you hear is Uhh Ohh....that is before you realize that you have to have at least 3+ hours of sleep in order to function but even then you can barely keep your eyes open long enough to tell it is day or night outside. It takes all your energy just to tear a 2 and 4 year old off of eachother n the heat of another fight over who had the red lego first (while you try to explain that here is another red lego on the floor...the same one...but its not the one that the other has so lets not go there) You scream in frustration while the kids laugh at you. A shower is a luxery, just like eatting.


My husband wants to know why I can get nothing done around the house...he assumes I sit here all day...well right now I am...but I dont. Try doing laundry one handed with a baby in the other arm....or try loading the dishwasher while everyother object you load gets pulled out. Try to vacum when the next thing you see is popcorn all over the floor or cereal for that matter....you wonder why you even bother to exeret the energy to do these thing when the house just ends up a mess again......you thinki...I could have made myself something to eat instead of wasting my energy on cleaning seeing it didnt matter anyways because you have no proof of it 5 mins later....some days tears are your cheeks best friends and when others ask you whats wrong, you smile like a crazy lunatic and say...Nothing at all...with a crazy twisted...I am on the verge of losing it.....smile. And if you dont understand that smile...well I guess your kids have never driven you as insane as mine have. My husband tells me to spank them....Well I tell him spanking doesn't solve everything....I spank when I know I have to in cases of touching the stove while it is on...or grabbing a knife from the kitchen drawer.....or when the other trys to do bodily damage to the other....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....I hate having to say the same thing over and over like I never said it before...and when you say it for the 15th time with a little edge behind your voice, they look at you and go...Mommy why are you so mad....BLAH...I know I know...such is the life of a mother....and I know many would give anything to have the trials placed before them that I have....I try to say thank you to the Lord for my blessings, and count them and remember not all are so blessed...but it is hard when you turn around and a carton of eggs are all over the floor and a 2 year old is standing over them going UH OH...I clean up....I clean up...and grabs your clean kitchen towle and makes even more of a mess, slips in it, has it all over his diaper...and then runs before you can catch him on the carpet....needless to say, you have the kitchen, the carpet and the kid to clean.....you think to yourself...does this ever end? Some days I think it never will end...I look up at the heavens(or should I say celieing) and ask God if he is going to show me a sign of mercy today...when I hear nothing in return I swallow the reality pill and put on a couragous smile and continue forward watching the clock counting down the hours until bed time prayers. I just want to hear myself think from time to time.....Speaking of hear myself.....I no longer do...the boys are now fighting over who is going to turn the tv off because Dora is over....oh wonderful...they just started the who can smack eachother harder game...so this is where my blog ends....Lord be with us in the McLaughlin household!

1 comment:

The Parks said...

I hope you don't mind, I got a bulletin of your CHD awarness video on myspace and at the end was your blog page address. I just wanted to tell you I think you are amazing! I thought i would just watch the first little bit of your video and skip through a couple parts. (Because I myself have an 18 month old who is into everything and was down for a nap and I had lots to do)But i ended up watching the entire video and BAWLED through the whole thing! It really touched me I even got my husband to go donate money to our primary children's hospital! So thank you! Thank you for letting people know your story and for being strong enough to handle it all! I really think your amazing! (I dont know if this is just for your friends and family if it is I apologize and just let me know and I wont look up your blog again!)