Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Her new infection

The Infected Wrist

What I'm getting out of it!

Oh boy....thats all I can think right now. I want to yell...I want to scream...but we all know that won't do me any good at the moment. Lily once again has another infection, this time, it's in her wrist...funny place to have it right? Well here's the story...the oh so wonderful story.

While Lily was in the hospital this last time they tried to start an Art line (IV) in her wrist. Well it didnt take so they had to suture the site closed and then they tried again in her groin and got it there. So now back to the wrist, all was while at the hospital, the sutures stayed in place and no problem with it. Well now since we have been home, I have noticed a little suture hanging out of it., I haven't touched it unless while washing it, I figured it would fall out on its own and seeing hasn't given us any problems since now I haven't mentioned it to the doctors. Well about 3 days ago I noticed it started to get a red color, it wasn't puffy or anything, just red. So I watched it, then yesterday I noticed it was little puffy. She cried almost all day, and if she wasn't crying she was asleep...in my arms, no where else. She squirmed all night last night, would wimper in her sleep, so when I go up this morning I called the Ped Cardi to let them know what was going on, they told me to call her regular Pedi. I did, and they told me to bring her in once again ASAP. We got there and her Pedi was so upset that she was back once again...not that she doesn't like seeing Lily, she just doesn't want us there unless we have to be. We have to wait in the back so as we were sitting there she comes up and takes a look at her and goes."SHIT" I almost fell off my chair...I wanted to clean out my ears to make sure I heard her right. She ran and grabed the doctor we were seeing and said, get her in pronto and culture that. Well no more then 5 mins later were we in a room, being weighed and measured, then the doctor comes in. He listend to her because of her fast breathing and blue lips. Got the o2 monitor and she was in the 90's like always and then listened to her heart, no different then 2 weeks ago. So we are good there, but then he looks down at her writst and looks at me and said, "Hold her tight while I squeez this" Squeeze he did, scream she did, cry I did, and puss it did.
Ugh It was awful, green puss everywhere and then blood, He swabbed it for a culture and stuck his head out the door and hand it sent to the lab stat and said it will be back friday. For now we are on Keflex twice a day. He said once the labs come back they will change her med accordingly.
I am so frusterated. Its like please...tell me how does this happen? I wash my hands anytime I pick her up, so does anyone else. The boys know not to touch her without seeing mommy or daddy first for hand sanitizer so I don't get how she got this. The only way we speculate it happening is it all started with that cheek infection. and it spread, but if that is the case then wouldnt that be a blood infecton? And if that is the case we would be in serious trouble, it would explain the crankieness....I am so stressed right now. If it is a blood infection then that would mean a trip to the hospital and that I can't do again. Praying is my only option. I ask that you all would continue to pray with me.
(Lily sleeping...not in mommies arms for once today!)

1 comment:

Avery said...

Oh gosh Jenna...there's never a minute to not worry is there? I wonder too why she's getting all these infections?!? We are praying that you don't have to come here..you NEED some time at home. I hate the constant worry, the constant unkowns, and I hate being the one to call all the shots. It's actually been so relieving this hospital stay to not have to do that anymore. You never know when it's enough to get them to the ER, or who to call or what to do.. Why are her lips blue if her sats are so good? I guess that's what you're wondering. Well, while you're here you you can at least have something look at her and give you some peace of mind. It's so hard, but you are amazing and are such a strong person. You've been helping me through lots lately! I feel the same way about little Lily as you said you feel about Bela, I check for updates constantly and worry about her. It's just like these two are somehow connected and are too similar to not have them be one in the same. We'll pray for a good night and hopefully we'll see you tomorrow with some good news. Thank you for your kind comments, I so appreciate your concern and friendship.
lots and lots of heart hugs...