Sunday, August 3, 2008

5 Months old.....and.....!!FOOD!!

*My Blue Eyed Beauty*


She just woke up from her nap!

Sitting in her Bumbo chair....she has the deer and the headlight Look

I LOVE this picture...Look at those eyes!

I Like to call this her worry face





Ok, so not much new to update. Lily went to the Cardi on the 23rd of July and she has been cleared for 2 months. YAY...such a big deal for us....but all at the same time you think to yourself...Now all the weight is on your shoulders because a lot can change in 2 months....so now I watch closesly all of her signs and symptoms....to others what might be nothing much to think about, can be a heart parents worse nighmare.



All in all, Lily is doing well, she rolled over on her 5 month birthday. That day was a bitter sweet day because as I looked at the calender and squealed with delight over my Lily girl being 5 months old, I was also shook with sadness realizing a speacial little girl was spending hers in Heavan. One of our heart friends, Eden or now seen on the right side of the page as Angel Eden, was a leap day baby just like Lily. She also had a special heart just like Lily, but Eden lost her fight, it will be a month ago in just 3 days...a month to me has flown by but I can only imgine how slow it has creeped by for Edens parents. Please say a prayer for them, and her sisters, it has been a hard time for them, something none of us ever want to go through, it will never be better, but the pain will lessen over time. May the Lord almighty bring them comfort anytime they need it. We are praying for you guys!



So.....BIG NEWS......LILY......TRIED.......SWEET POTATOES.......AND......didnt like it...LOL. I have a video clip and some pictures...seeing we dont have a highchair for her, she sat on daddys lap....please do not mind the mess in the background, we just had company over and I have yet to find the energy to clean up....

(Sorry I cant remember how to put the actual video on here, so you are going to have to navigate away from this page, I will try to fix it!)


View this montage created at One True Media
Lilys First food! 8/3/08



















Ok....so now that we have the food covered, I just wanted to let everyone know, I am going to be doing some video diaries for updates. Seeing there isnt going to be much to update for about 2 months, I know everyone wants to know how Lily is doing. So I came up with this idea while I was holding the camera talking to the boys while they played with Lily. I have included the first diary below. The next one will be a bit longer and more about Lily....bare with me as I figure out how I like these.
Well that is the all of it for right now. I just want to take a moment to say thank you to all that continue to keep Lilyana in your prayers. I believe deeply that it is because of all of our prayers and Lily's deep will to live, that she is still fighting. I have a new quote I live by and I love it.
"Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow!"
God bless you all!
Jenna











2 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

I just wanted to drop a comment... I have vistited your blog for a while and I don't think I have left a message...sorry. I am Owen's mom...I linked from Bela and little Ms. Angel Eden. Eden and my Mr. Owen shared the same surgeon over at PCH and so we got to know eachother there.

Lily is as adorable as can be! I love the baby food video and pics... food has been an experience in our life... or lack of food!! Owen just decided he doesn't like it... ANY of it. So that's our big challenge... and of course... never knowing what tomorrow will bring.

Just wanted to say Hi, I hope you don't mind me dropping by from time to time. Come by and visit Mr. Owen... simmonsfamilyupdate.blogspot.com.

Andrea
Fellow Heart Momma

Princess Abigail said...

Aw Lily you are getting so big! The Bernard Bunch is crazy about your cracker of a smile! So funny!
Great blog and diary!
Alison