Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Goofy Glory

So Chris told me the other day that he felt Lily was going through an awkward cuteness phase. Not that he doesn't think his little girl is cute, because he does, but he says her cuteness is only that a parent could love. I was shocked, he has never said that about any of the kids before. He told me not to take offense to it, but how could I not...my daughter is precious, adorable, beautiful. Then i took pictures of her in all of her glory...and when I loaded them, i couldn't help but think the same thing. She is cute, precious, adorable, beautiful...but I think in a way only a parent thinks so. Her hair is so wild and out of control, she has a goofy cheeser smile, the goober teeth going on, she just looks goofy. I love her just as I love to breath, but it doesn't stop me from thinking that she is my goofy lookin girl. My girl that has stolen my heart and so many others. She is my ray of goofy sunshine and always brings a smile to my face. I just now don't expect for people to stop me to tell me how cute she is...I will always think my kids are the most beautiful, as do all parents because we are suppose to...and that is ok, we have to brag about something, but for once I had to admit it out loud that my child looked less then perfectly cute. As for the next time I post pictures, I will once again be going on about how beautiful, cute, precious and adorable she is, not mentioning again her crazy goofiness...
So where were we?? How cute she is.
Watch the video, if you can get past her goofy glory, you will get an awwww out of it!

Make sure to pause the music below so you can hear her!

6 comments:

Nicole O said...

She is adorable. Thanks for sharing. She is beautiful and precious, and funny.

the nervous mom said...

That was so darn cute. And I know what you mean about the silly faces/hair of kids that make them kind of awkward- like right now Natty's hair is a mullet. I am terrified to cut it because I'm afraid her curls will go away. lol Anyways, thanks for sharing. That was great. ;)

The Simmons Family said...

Oh I LOVE the goofy, adorable Lily!! She has a smile that is contagious. Oh and who can't love the chubs of rolls on her arms and legs. And it's incredible that she does it all without the help of tubes and wires. A REAL blessing from GOD!

Andrea

Kimberly L said...

Wow Miss Lily sure has a lot to say!! Wait until she starts talking. The saying "Kids say the darndest things" is so true. I can't believe she is walking!! Way to go Lily!!

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh she's getting so big. I was friends with you on myspace, I don't know how you found my blog. I don't go to myspace much anymore, its good to see you here. I have a cute blankie already done thats brown and pink, I will send that one. Lacey and Jax

Anonymous said...

She's incredibly cute! I'm always impressed by her many expressions. She's adorable :)
- Zheng Yi