Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Dawn is Breaking

It is the morning of surgery, dawn has yet to break, but I am ready. I am ready for my life to shift again, I am ready to do HIS will. I am ready to hand my Lily back over into the arms of the surgeons. I know this has to happen, I know they want to make her heart as healthy and whole as possible. Strength posesses my body today, I woke to Lily babbling in her crib and squealing, such a happy child. Even for all that she has been through, she is a happy, content child. If she can be happy through all of this, if she can be strong through all of this, then she deserves no less then that from me. So, I have a smile on my face, and have found my sense of comfort this morning. I will try not to cry as I hand her over, I will remind myself of this moment, this feeling, and I am sure that our heavanly father will wrap me in his embrace and hold me and my heart close through the hours ahead of us today. I hold my hopes high today, I pray my dreams come true because I once again saw my Lily girl and I dancing in a feild of flowers, a dream I haven't had since I was pregnant, before they gave me the life altering news. So I hope those feilds have some significant meaning, I hope that one day, her and I will be wearing sun dresses and hats, no shoes on, singing and holding hands, dancing in a feild of flowers. A momma can hope....a momma can dream... a momma can reach.....I feel like the little engine that could... but instead of "I think I can" I am going, "I know WE can"
Thank you for all of your prayers..
God bless you all for keeping my Lilybug in your THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. I know not everyone prays so, thank you to EVERYONE!
Jenna

4 comments:

Megan said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.
Megan

Autumn said...

I came to your blog from the March 2008 Mamas Group on Cafemom. You are an amazing women, with great strength! May God richly bless you-more than He has with Lily. You are in my prayers today and always! God Bless!!

Kristin said...

I will be praying your Lily, and your family today. You are an amazing person and Lily gets her fight from you. God bless you.

Meet the Smiths said...

Sending prayers your way. You are in our thoughts. What a strong mommy you are, Jenna.
-Joy and Lilyann