Thursday, December 4, 2008

Preparing!

As I sit here I am preparing myself for the emotional roller coaster that we all are about to face. The uncertianties, the unknowns. I am as mentally prepared for this as I can be . I know what this surgery entails, I know the statistics, I know that it isn't nearly as complicated as her last surgery and we were told it should be smooth sailing compaired to last time. Thats what we pray for, we can ask for no more then smooth sailing and a speedy recovery. I am now counting down the days to the unknown. I dread hearing the monitors again, the constant beeping, the alarms that send the doctors and nurses rushing in. The quite whispers of the doctors all discussing the next plan of action. The first 72 hours are the most critical but once they pass it usally calms down......usually. Calm, peace, comfort, guidance, strength, is all that we can ask for....
I will be updating hourly on the 9th, I will let everyone know how everything is going, even when there is nothing to report, you will get a full dose of my emotions. Chris is going and getting me a lap top tomorrow so I should be up and running once we get there. Please continue to keep my dear Lily girl in your prayers, she has strength and courage I have never known and I could only wish I had. I am proud and honored to be called her mother.

3 comments:

Aimee Hardy said...

We'll be thinking of you and praying for Lily! I hope all goes well.

Aimee and Jack, HLHS

Branton Family said...

I will be praying for you all. Stay strong. . .Amy

Meet the Smiths said...

Thinking of you both...and praying for God's strength.
-Joy and Lilyann