Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pending Surgery set for December 9th



Such a precious smile for such a precious little girl. A smile of a fighter, a smile of a warrior, a smile of a true miracle. My miracle, my angel, my daughter. I pray that I will be seeing that smile for years to come, maybe with some teeth in it, but I think that will just be more to the cuteness that she already is. I can not and will not imagine my life without her, I dont want to go a day without hearing her giggle, without her looking at me with her wide curious eyes, without hearing her precious babble. The next week will be heck for me as we watch her recover from yet another surgery.

Lily goes in on Tuesday morning at 5 am for her 3rd OHS. They will be doing the vavle replacement we have talked about, nothing new about the surgery, just with Lilys valve preasure. From September it has gone from 60% to now it is at 77-79%, 80% being considered severe. She was scheduled January 13th for her surgery but it was bumped because her Cardi (Dr.Rhee) didn't want us to wait until after the holiday. We don't want a repeat of last time to happen again. Her heart is strong right now, it has GREAT flow and function, so right now seems to be the best time to act. It was a miracle that she recovered from her last surgery, one that we are not sure that would happen again. So, Monday at 2 we will be at St.Joes for all of her pretesting and then we will come home and spend an evening together as a family, enjoy eachothers company, and then Tuesday morning, we will make the all to familiar drive back to St.Joes. We will walk back through the front entrance, to the registering desk, to the second floor, to pre-op, sit and wait there until they take her back. Then we will be given the pager, to let us know when she is done or if something is wrong. As long as all goes well, and it WILL go well, we will go back up to visit our second family on the 7th floor. And hopefully we will get our good luck room, and hopefully she will recover quickly. Hopefully I wont walk into the room with her chest being open, hopefully she won't get to swollen. Hopefully I will be able to hold her soon afterwards. Hopefully she will come home before Christmas....hopefully. This isn't in our hands, this is in our creators, he has known her before she was mine, he knows her outcome, he knows her lifes plans, he knows when she will be called home, so none of this is a suprise to him, I just hope I am ready for whatever is about to be handed to us. I pray I am strong enough for this agian. Im not right now, but when the day comes, I will be strong enough to hand my life over once again to the surgeon, I will trust them with every ounce of my being, and I will have faith that I will not be alone, that I am never alone, that even in the worst outcomes, I will be ok.
But the only question is, will my Lily be?




































2 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

Our prayers will be with Lily on Tuesday. It totally sucks that you have to go through this over and over again.

We are working on scheduling transplant evals in LA right now for Owen.

It's never an easy road with our precious babies... but... they are STRONG and we have to put trust in HIM!

Andrea

Erickson said...

contact me...want to write a book for all the new mom's out there who are finding out about their babies???
herickson@west-fargo.k12.nd.us