Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Look it's Cousin it!

So after a long discussion with Chris and after looking at these pictures, we have come to the conclusion that Lily NEEDS a hair cut!
The movie in the background on the TV is Lily's favorite, it is Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses. She dances to it and everything. I really have been trying to get a clip of her dancing. It is too darling!
If her hair isn't pulled back into a ponytail or pigtails, (still trying to figure why they call them pigtails, I can get it if they curled, but I have stick straight hair, as does my daughter) Ok, sorry, back on topic. I mean look at her, poor girl, I would be ripping my hair out in frustration if it was me. I can not stand hair in my face, that is why in almost all the pictures you will see of me on here, my hair is in a ponytail. I will get a bug up my butt every once in a while and go, "Hey, lets chop my hair off." It will be cute, and adorable, but let me tell you, if I can't pull it up, all H-E-double hockey sticks breaks loose. I love bangs, but if they get to long, ugh, I go hunting for bobby pins. I can't stand hair on the back of my neck, especially in the heat, and defiantly in the humidity, which us Arizonians know comes during our monsoon season. Which weirdly enough is my favorite part of the year. The storms, the smell of the rain, the clouds. It is truly beautiful to look up into the sky and see God's power at work. I stand in awe of it all, nature is powerful, but God out ranks natures power any day.
So as you can see by the picture above, my house is a mess. This time it is because of packing and the lack of organization with 3 kids running around. If I pack a box up and don't tape it, walk away, I will come back and find the contents of it back on the floor, thanks to Lily that is. The boys know better. They are actually excited to move. We took them to the new apartment and they LOVE it. Every day I hear, "How many more days until we move?" As of right now we have 34 days until we pack up the trailers and close the door to what we have called home for the last 2 years now. I hate having to move my kids, but thankfully none of them are in school as of yet. But starting this fall, Lucas starts, and he can not be any more excited then he already is. Chris and I have our agreement of, we will not move out of the school district that our children go to school in. It is not fair to move them all around once they start school. Chris is the lucky one of him and I. He went to one school up until High School. We would love to put our kids into the same Christian school he went to, but financially we can not, so we are stuck with good ole public schools. Which that is where i come in. I am a product of public schools, what do I mean by "Product?" Well over my K-11 (yes I never finished HS, I got my GED) back to the point at hand, I went to 16 different schools. I didn't learn to read a clock until I was in 5th grade, lets talk embarrassing. And then on top of it, I was raised a Jehovah Witness, which seemed to single me out as a child.
Ok so where am I going here? Ahhh yes, kids, school, moving...NO. I want my kids to have what I didn't. I want them to have childhood friends. I want them to be able to remember their teachers names with out causing them a headache. I want them in a good school district, none of which I was really in when I was a child. Those are stories that I won't go into. I did not have a privileged childhood, none of which I want to subject my children to. I know what it is like to go hungry, wearing out grown clothes, having no shoes that fit, wondering how much longer the roof over our head was going to be there. I grew up to quickly, I am 23 going on 50. I have been around a few blocks in my lifetime...maybe more like a few states.
Alright...how did I start my walk down memory lane...Moving....that's right
34 days and counting, 34 days until i can take my children outside without having to look over my shoulder, 34 days until I can leave my phone inside on the charger instead of my back pocket. 34 days, until I can register my little boy for school, 34 days until our new beginning.
Love, Hugs, and Blessings
Jenna

3 comments:

Meet the Smiths said...

Lily is so cute!! I love all her hair...I use little clippies in my Lily's hair. But she pulls them out.

Good luck on the move!

Lacey said...

I know what you mean about moving. I hate moving my kids too. Her hair is so in style, sweep it over to the side and there ya go.LOL

likeschocolate said...

She is adorable with or without a haircut.