Thursday, August 20, 2009

Colorful Explorations

Lets get this show on the road, shall we?

Lily is such a goober, she loves to color.....and she can do it well....on my wall that is. She can't color on paper anymore then I can lick my elbow. But color she tried and adorable she was.


So I know you all want to know what was said during Lily's echo, but I will hold you off for a moment longer to tell you how big my piggy-potamous is. She is weighing in at a respectable 27lbs 3oz, and towers at an amazing 32 1/2" inches tall. She is McLaughlin built, strong and sturdy through and through.

Echo time, all is well with her heart. Pressures are holding stable right now, we aren't looking any better, but we aren't worse off then we were. We may have gone up give or take a percent or two, but holding in moderately sever right now. We have yet to hit over the sever point which would be 80% and above. Lily bought herself another two months away from the cardiologist and I don't think she could have been happier when I told her.

Where do we head from here? Well back to the pediatrician of course. Lily is WAY behind on her shots. As standards go, you always have to wait 6 weeks after surgery for any of the normal childhood shots, so Lily hasn't had many. She is really going to hate me when we go in for her missed one year checkup. She is healthy so I don' want to bother her with the doctors anymore then necessary. So in other words. I have coddled her, pampered her, ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, spoiled her, but I can't help it. Rarely do we go anywhere during cold season, so there was reason to torment her with shots after all she went through during her first year of life. But you can't put of the inevitable for ever. So pedi time, shot time, grumpiness time...yeeee haww...who couldn't ask for more? Oh wait, I could, but that would be greedy of me. So I will be thankful for what we have, two months of freedom, two more months of knowing we don't have surgery in either of the months. But also, two months of knowing we are not walking away scott free. She will have her surgery sooner or later, later preferably, the bigger she is, the bigger artificial valves we can put it, and the longer they may last. Buying us more like 5 years, rather then 3 years or less. The more she grows, the more she causes the valves to leak, leakage, BAD.

I have faith in the doctors, that when the time is right everything will fall into place as it should. But mostly I have faith in God, that he will oversee the Doctors and Surgeons, and guide their hands and use their knowledge. I know we will never be able to stop heart defects from happening, they are formed while in the womb, but I have faith one day heart babies will not have to go through as much as we do now, and what has been gone through before we have reached this point. Technology only moves forward, and we are humbly reminded daily by it, as I was yesterday at the hospital. On that note, please keep baby Ethan in your prayers. He is in great need of them right now.

I will leave it at that. If you don't hear much from us, just know, no news is good news.

Love Hugs and Blessings
Jenna

Hebrews 11:1 faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen;it gives us assurance about things we cannot see

1 comment:

Meet the Smiths said...

Fantastic news!

I love how you call her your piggy-potamous. She is a big girl!!