Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Whispered I Love You's


As I fell asleep last night, my arms longed to hold something, someone. I closed my eyes and held my pillow, but I truly wanted my husband in bed with me. I ended up drifting off to sleep by myself, hugging my pillow tightly to my chest, being thankful for the man I have. Even though he was out in the living room, when I was falling asleep into dreamland.
When I awoke later in the night, I rolled over and my hand ran into his back, into the warmth of his slumbering body, I heard his exhale, his ever so quiet snores, and I felt peace. I ran my hand up to his hair, stroked it once or twice for comfort, reached over and kissed the closes part of him, which happened to be his shoulder. Out of habit, reflex, or just knowing it was me, he hummed approval in his sleep and whispered "I love you." No truer words have I heard from him, through all we have been through, he has loved me through it all. I am blessed with a forgiving husband, a humbled husband, and a loving one. He may not like my flaws, but excepts my imperfections with humility, and knows we both are imperfect, but he sees through it all and sees the beauty that lies within it all. He adores me, some days I wonder how, or why, but others I am humbled by just knowing. That at the end of the day, as I crawl into bed, he will shortly follow, wrap his arms around me until he falls asleep. Then roll over and whisper "I love you." all over again. We may have or differences, but we have learned that in the end, there is no reason to fight over things we can not change, to except and change those we can, and love each other through it all.

I love you Christopher, thank you for loving me with all my flaws, with my temper, with my unyielding stubbornness, you make me a better woman because of it.

Love Your Wife
~J~

1 comment:

The Parks said...

What a sweet post! That made me smile! Thank God for amazing husbands!!!