Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I have tried to find some calmness and have yet to succeed. From unpacking, to helping the kids acclimate in their new environment, along with them having no friends in this area, to trying to find the nearest grocery store that is not Albertson's.....tears, frustration, and plenty of headaches have been achieved. I found that a Fry's is up the freeway, 2 exits away, and Walmart is 7 miles down the freeway, Chris's work is now 20 miles from us, Lucas's school is around the hill and over on 7Th Ave, because the school we thought he was going to was not right because we are on the wrong side of Carefree Highway. I got him registered, and he goes in for his testing on Friday at 8:30. He is excited, I am nervous. It makes me wonder how good of a stay at home mom I truly have been. I wonder if I have taught him enough, is he going to be behind? We will see!

I am loving our new place but I am homesick for my neighbors and friends. The only people around us are Chris's family, don't get me wrong, family isn't a bad thing, but when they are only my in laws and not my blood family, it makes it hard to lean on their shoulders. It is nice to wake up and hear Lily on the baby monitor, rather then in my room, peeking over her crib waving at me. The boys are having a blast with their bunk beds, Lily doesn't want to sleep, or she is going through a growth spurt, which I wouldn't doubt. All in all, things are nice around the household, just tons to do.

I need to make Lily a heart apt, we weren't able to make the sleep study, that day was crazy chaotic. I am glad I canceled it 2 days in advanced. If you don't, it is a $200 charge. Not something we can afford right now. Now Lily's GI apt, planned on making that, until the alarm didn't go off, and seeing we don't have a phone right now, I had no way of calling to reschedule. I am going to have to borrow my sister in law's phone to make Lily her heart apt. She has been really sweaty lately, and her lips have been a dusky color lately. The rest of her is fine, her perfusion seems to be good for right now. I think she is cold, but yet she is sweating and she is cold to the touch. Not sure what to make of it. So I am going with the, "Rather be safe then sorry." route right now.

Not much else is going on. I will keep everyone updated. I have a feeling her surgery is going to take place in October sometime....call it mommies premonition...it's like I can feel it in my bones. We will see if it comes true.

Please keep Lily in your prayers like always. But right now her problems dim in comparison of Ethan. He is very sick right now and needs ALL of our prayers. He is having such a hard go right now, we are all worried, and Heidi and Greg (Ethan's mommy and daddy) are very distraught. Please lets us come together in prayer for his special heart. I was truly hoping that I would come back online and he would be doing well, but he brought tears to my eyes instead. Heidi, Greg, our prayers are with you.

Love Hugs and Blessings
Jenna

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Praying for sweet Ethan, and hurrying to finish his blankie and get it to him. Hopefully tomorrow. We'll see.

Meet the Smiths said...

Praying for Ethan and his parents.

Glad you are all moved in, Jenna. It has to be hard..but it sounds like the kids are hanging in pretty well.

Keep us posted.

Hey..how old is Lily? My Lily is 20 months and she isn't sleeping either...she is starting to cut 2 yr molars..no fun for her or myself