Monday, August 10, 2009

I DID IT!!!!

!!!!!!!!~I CUT LILY'S HAIR~!!!!!!!and


She can see....it's adorable. I didn't touch the back of her hair, just the bangs. She was getting tired of me always pulling it up, and she would just pull it back down, then get mad at the hair that was in her face. SO.. I braved it, sharpened the scissors, pulled the hair back that I didn't want cut, wet the bangs, then cut....I was so scared....I had to steady my hand a few times....BUT...I did it. A good job I must say so myself! I finally got to the point where I knew it needed to be cut and I refused to go and spend $20 just to have her bangs cut. They aren't that hard to do, when they aren't yours that is.

I just had to share...I was so excited...so thrilled that I didn't mess up her hair. I can't wait for Chris to come home and see them...yes, I know, I should have waited for him, but I figured I should do it while I was brave enough for it, and not have someone standing behind me waiting for me to goof up. YAY...points for me being a brave Mommy....go figure, I am steady during a heart surgery....but when it comes to me cutting her hair....jeesshhhh.....

Oh...ps..Lily has a heart apt on the 19th. Wish us Luck! I am hoping for steady pressure on the valve. Please pray with us for that. The longer it stays steady, the longer we can put off another surgery. Fingers, toes, eyes, arms, legs.....is there anything else I can cross??? I will keep everyone updated!

Love Hugs and Blessings
Jenna

2 comments:

Evie's Story said...

Beautifully done Jenna. It suits her:-). Another precious FIRST!!!

Avery said...

She looks adorable!! I've been debating cutting some bangs too.. it's always in her poor little eyes! But I'm nervous! Way to be brave.. I think she'd look adorable any way.
We have an apt. on the 20th!! One day later.. too bad we'll miss you guys again! Are you goign to the eller family council mtg?