Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rise and Shine........NOT

Good gracious, I can't believe that it is 5:40 in the morning, and the thing I can't believe is, I AM AWAKE....ok...wait...I can believe that, what I can't believe is, little Miss Sunshine is WIDE Eyed and bushy tailed over there. Now I don't know if maybe it was Maria's doing, coming in talking to her "Princess" or if she woke up on her own accord and then just dragged everyone in here to adore her, but needless to say, everyone that knows lily has stopped in to see her and see how she has been doing.

The first thing anyone says is, "I didn't know you were scheduled to come back." and then it is followed with, "Oh my gosh, look how big she is", and then the, "what are you feeding her?"

I have to say, Lily has never been deprived of food. She eats every 3-4 hours and has anywhere from 6oz to 8oz....and at night it is 8oz WITH rice cereal....we actually get a good 6 hour stretch before she even beings to feel those SLIGHT hunger pains in her belly. I figure my poor baby girl has had to go a week without food once in her life time and then after surgeries you have to do it again....ok well, she wasn't really conscience for that one, but still, no food is no food. And well, these days, she LOVES her food. She is acutally eatting while I am typing this, and I am praying that she closes her eyes and heads back off to dreamland, so I can too. May be wishful thinking on my part, but I would like to study the back of my eye lids again, and make sure they pass the inspection of having no cracks.

Chris hasn't stirred all night...must me NICE....I swear he could sleep through another World War, and only wake up if he had to go to the bathroom...i cant sleep like that. But I have learned to tune out the alarms unless I know she is in a fragile state, then I don't tune them out. Weird I know, but you know as they get better, the alarms usually dont mean a thing, and it is just from them being a wiggle worm....which Lily totally is.

Ok now that I just felt my IQ drop a little because I just used the word totally in a sentence....I feel as if I am one step away to being a valley girl going...OMG...No way...and as I just typed that I could literally hear myself in my head and seeing the whole hand on the hip thing and then the other hand out in front of me, all prissy. See it is times like these my sense of humor is at an all time high and that is when I know I am delirious and need some sleep because I am never this entertaining any other time.

Speaking of Alarms, Lily is setting hers off right now, her o2 saturation has been anywhere from 92-99 all night, which we usually hang 96 so...its not far off, she has an oxygen mask her her bed just incase we fell the need to use it. Well we havent but she has felt the need to chew on it, along with her pulse ox, and her IV....before she pulled it out...your getting the drift. She slept all day yesterday but now that she is awake, she is showing everyone how spunky she really is.

Ok...she went to sleep now...so I am going to go do some insepections of my eye lids, I will let you know the results later....

~J~

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Jenna, Hi! I am a mother of a heart baby. TOF is what my son has. Anyway, your daughter is beautiful. I am glad she is doing well or ok. I am sure you will be happy when she doesn't have machines attached to her. I was wondering where you found the image of the heart with bandaids. I clicked on it, but couldn't find that image on that site. I love it. It expresses completely the situation. Everyone thinks that just because our son had surgery he has a new heart. Not true, he has a mended heart. Romans mom

Anonymous said...

Jenna,
Hi hone, hope all is going well and good, just want you to know i am thinking of you and your precious Lily.
Jenn