Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Confessionals and Dragging our Feet

Ok so before I jump into the who-ha about Lily's non-productive heart apt, I need to confess somethings. I will be following in the fashion of Mck Mama on her Not Me Mondays...granted today is a Wednesday, but that is Jenna fashion, I am always a few days behind, dragging my feet because of crazy life over here. So here it goes.

No, I did not get out of bed today in a bad mood. I did not huff and throw the covers off of me and onto Chris, and mumble spitefully at him about not falling asleep until 3:30 this morning. Not me, Nope, I would never do something like that.

I did not roll my eyes at a random stranger today when they said, "Looks like you have your hands full." Nope, I just smiled and nodded my head. I did not think, "yeah ok crazy lady. a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 1 year old, screaming is great fun." Nope, that would not be me.

I did not throw a tantrum today when Austin dropped his plate of chicken and ketchup on my floor. I didn't care that I had just cleaned it. I was completely fine with it. I did not sit on the floor and cry, nope, that is not something I would do.

I did not threaten to take all my children's toys away if they didn't listen to me at the doctors office today. What type of mother would do that....Not me.

NOOOO I did not yell at a car in front of me when the light turned green. And I really didn't say, "Green means go buddy, push you foot down on the gas, you know the one of the left....." No I did not feel like an idiot, and no i did not turn several shades of red. No I did not look at the car next to me to make sure they didn't hear me seeing my window was down, no no no, not me!

No I do not have a headache from the day, nope, not even a smidgen of one. Nope, not me!

Ok now that i got that off my chest, I feel TONS better. Moving on shall we?

Lily's apt was a waste of time and more of a hassle then it was worth. $15 dollars and an hour later, we got the, "We will see you 2 weeks after your sleep apnea apt and we will see what all that says."

We are dragging out feet...and I am more then welcoming the fact that we are. I do not want another surgery. The longer we can go without it the better. They are now hoping to drag it until Fall, but we will see....this is Lily after all.

She did not hold still for her pulse ox to read, about 20 mins later we got it at 97, so that is about the norm with her. She did lose weight though. She was at 10.66kg at her last apt, she was at 10.45kg, this time. Not a huge loss but a noticeable one. We think it is because she was sick, and that is what we will attribute it to unless signs point to anything else. Her heart sounds the same, the mummer is still there, the slight swoosh, and the off beat because of her mitral valve being the stinker that it is.

So we have to wait until May 12th, do the sleep clinic stuff, not sure of what the entails, but nothing huge. Well huge to us, but to Lily girl, we all know she will throw a conniption fit. She is a drama queen, not sure where she got that from....not me...nope...not me! Must be her laid back father.

So with that all being said...I want to thank you ALL for your prayers, they helped, immensely...as you can see. We do not have surgery looming in the near future, unless Lily decides otherwise.... I hope she curbs her stubborn streak and decides to play nice this summer. I would love to get a tan this year, I am looking a bit pasty seeing I was in the hospital and the house all summer last year. I should be kicked out of AZ seeing I am Casper. I need to live somewhere, where I fit in and don't look so conspicuous. As of late I have had "Casper the Friendly Ghost" stuck in my head. Does that mean anything???

Much Love and Thanks
Jenna

2 comments:

Greg and Heidi said...

I think I can say I feel your pain, although yours has gone on much longer. I just came to the realization that we will be living at St. Joes for a long time!
Yes, I would love to meet you. Anytime you are there come up. Or you could have the clinic call me at your next appointment and I could run over and meet you and your sweet Lily.
Take care of yourself-
Heidi

Anonymous said...

No, I've never had a day like that.. Not me... Never! :)
Wishing you a wonderful Spring and Summer and a beautiful tan...
Also a good weekend.
Much love & light,
- Zheng Yi