Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Remembering Aryn

One year ago, I remember walking the hallway at St.Joes. Lily was 10 days post opt and was having difficulty breathing. But what we were going through was nothing compaired to the pain that was going on next door to us.


Bridgette, my partner in Team AHB, and I knew of each other while in the hospital. We never spoke, but were always aware of the other. It seemed we would always be neighbors. I was shocked to find out they were still there, when Lily returned in heart failure, just as she was to see us back. When we first got back, I heard he was preparing for his second surgery, which was great. That meant he would be able to go home after that surgery. But 10 days can change everything (All heart parents know what I mean)


The morning of the 29th was a very different day. You could feel the heartache and pain on the floor, but there was still a sense of peace. I was not there to say good bye to Aryn seeing Bridgette and I had never talked. I never met Aryn in person, and I wish I could have had the honor of meeting him before he returned to the arms of our father in heaven. I know we will meet one day, but hopefully that is no day soon. He is with everyone who thinks of him, I know this is true because I feel him from time to time.

When Aryn flew home, I figured I would never see Bridgette again. But fate would have it "HE" had other plans. I thought of her and Aryn daily, never being far from my thoughts. Every time I picked Lily up, I could only imagine how much she missed him.

Bridgette contacted me through Lily's myspace page. She found me because of one of the support causes I joined, (which happens to be very few). She saw Lily's video and tracked me down. She has told me, she debated on emailing me or not. I am ever so glad she did, because I am glad she is a part of the AHB team. I am happy and honored to call her my partner.

When putting AHB together, the thought that popped into my head, "If I get anyone on this team, I pray it would be Bridgette." The Lord heard my prayers, or he already had this planned, or maybe it was his voice that put the thought into my head, we will never know. So here her and I are, Leaders of a team, wanting nothing more then to put smiles on parents faces. Because we have been there, through the heartache, and the pain of the hospital stays. We both know, it is the small things that put a smile on your face.

So here we are, honoring Aryns memory, one year later, by making baskets for him, and for our Survivor Princess. Showing all, that even though Aryn is with his creator, he still fought, just like Lily continues to do each day.

I am honored to know of Aryn and his story. Please help us to remember him! Keep his family in your prayers, the loss of a loved one is never easy, but the loss of a child is a pain none of us ever want to know.

Please visit Aryns new blog spot. http://rememberingaryn.blogspot.com/






Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com

We love you Aryn, and no one loves you more then your daddy and mommy do.

Hugs, Love and Blessings!
Jenna

2 comments:

Kimber said...

Jenna,

My name is Kimberly and I have been following your blog through Owen. You heart moms are called upon to endure the unimaginable, and I greatly admire your strength.

I remember you talking about some of the challenges you were facing with Lucas a while ago; this is something I can relate to as I have two children diagnosed on the Austism Spectrum. The reason I am contacting you is that I have just created a blog to document our family's journey with autism, and it is my hope to use it as a way of reaching out to others who are coping with similar challenges. The site is aspergerfam.blogspot.com if you'd like to take a look.

I wish you the best of luck with your precious family!

Kimberly

crazymama said...

hi jenna this is 12 yrs later and i found this you wouldnt believe how finding this page was really needed. i hope you are well. thank you for this it was beautiful

Aryns mama