Wednesday, April 8, 2009

McLaughlin Household Under Quarantine

Yup, that's right, once again, we are all under quarantine. Ok well that is a little bit of a fib, Lucas, Lily and myself are. Lets start with Lily, seeing that is why everyone checks in on our page.

Lilyana is hard to get a read on some days. I took her to my best friend to have her take a listen to her chest. She works in the peds ER (Mindy's Place) so I trust her when it comes to listening to my Lily girl. She told me she sounds a bit wheezy but not crackly or wet. Her pulse in her extremities were a little rough to find but that is never anything new with her. Profusion is still well, but she was a little concerned when she touched Lily's legs and saw that her finger print remained for longer then she would like. She told me she looked a little ashen but not horrible. She is not gray, she is not blue, she still has a rosie complexion, just not feeling well. Trying to make the right call is always hard. I am sticking with my judgement at the moment, and that would be staying home and watching. My intuition has not steered me wrong yet, so until it does, I will sit here and wait. I may hover over her bed, bite my nails, and sleep lighter then I usually do, but home we stay...until my instincts tell me other wise. I pray the Lord doesn't try to teach me anything right now. Not that I am not up for a new lesson, I always have my ears, eyes, and heart open for such a teaching, but right now, with multiple sick children, lessons aren't always the easiest to take on. Come what may, may the Lord bring the rain, if he shall chose too.
Lucas, oh my poor little man. He woke up this morning.....ok..hold that thought...let me mention he was the last to awake of the children this morning....and he awoke at 6:30.....would you like to guess the time my other two adorable angels awoke???? Lily was the first to grace me with her squeals of delight at the unpleasant hour of 5 am....I looked at the clock like it was a bad dream and nudged Chris asking him to lay her back down. He begrudgingly left the bed to lay her down, (I don't blame him, seeing he didn't climb into bed until 2 or 3....the man has a computer game addiction...then again...it is almost midnight and I am here blogging...on my rigged Laptop**hole different story** while he is playing at the PC), back to the story at hand. No longer did it take him to lay back in bed,then she was up again throwing every item from her crib, babbling and squawking at us. Which I must say continuously got louder until you could ignore her no longer. If the sun was up I would compare her to a rooster but the sun was still pleasantly tucked away, while the moon was still singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" I think God made her so stinkin cute and adorable so you could not have a negative thought cross your mind as you roll yourself out of bed at the wee crack of dawn. I reminded myself that others would give sleep deprivation to have what I have...so, holding my eyelids open with toothpicks, I picked her up out of bed and took her to the living room where her scream reached a few octave pitches higher. She reached for her baby doll, squeezed it, squealed into its face, then proceeded to eat its pigtails. What a weirdo.

Austin joined us about 15 minutes later with a, "Hiya mama." I rolled my eyes and patted the couch where he more then welcomed my blankets and snuggles. No more then five seconds of him joining me, his big blue eyes looked up at me and asked,"Can you turn on Clue clues mama. Please....clues clues mama." For those of you wondering what "Clue Clues" are, that would be Austin's way of saying, "Blues Clues" Let just say, that was NOT the first thing I wanted to hear this morning. So I told him he would need to wait and he could play for a little while. He screamed at me, I then proceeded to tell him that if he didn't want to play, he could lay on the couch on in bed quietly until the morning cartoons were on. He chose laying on the couch quietly, whimpering from time to time, pointing at the TV.

Welcome 6:30.......Que Lucas. "Morning mama, can I have milk please." he asks this as he walks to the kitchen and places him sippy on the counter. Can you say morning ritual??? He came over and joined Austin and I on the couch.....no sooner did he lay down, did he get back up and turn the TV on. Que Austin and Lucas fighting. Lucas's feet were touching Austin's legs on the couch. *Heaven forbid* I filled sippies, separated bodies, and for one morning, wished I still enjoyed coffee. After settling with a soda instead (my form of coffee) I booted up the computer for the day. No sooner did my rear end hit the computer chair....(I promise I am getting to the poor Lucas part here...bare with me!!) did Lucas inform me, "Mama, I'm hot." Looking over he had a blanket on, so I told him to take it off. He did, then he came over and touched my arm and I actually recoiled from his touch. His skin felt like it was on fire, yay...bring on the second sickly I thought.....better to get them all out of the way at one time then have Lily have it for a week, Lucas get it the next week, then Austin getting it 2 weeks after Lily gets rid of hers.....because it is back to square one then....everyone is fair game by then.

Lucas boy's temperature was 100.4, wow....dejavu....so he laid on the couch and watched cartoons. Made him breakfast, didn't touch it, which you know he is sick when he doesn't eat his french toast sticks. I woke Chris up at 8, so I could lay back down, and put Lily down for a nap. When i woke up, Lucas was in bed. I asked if he was made to lay down and Chris laughed and told me Lucas actually informed him that he was going to go take a nap. Tucked himself in and everything, you know my baby is sick when he voluntarily takes his own nap. I gave him Tylenol but it would only drop the temperature to 100 for 4-5 hours then it would get ahead of and hit back at 102. Poor kid slept all day, and is sleeping still. He did wake up to eat, which is a good sign. Has had plenty of fluids, so I know he is fine in that department, he is just resting, which is what his body needs.

So....to end my day...and end this blog...I will say....eny....meeny....minie...moe...catch the next culprit by their toe...I know Austin will go down next...I just don't know how long he will with stand it. At least I am not getting worse....ok well my cough is still there...and my fever comes and goes...but it is what it is. It did not keep me from going to Denny's with the my girlie's last night for my birthday, Thanks Sami and Linds, I needed it. Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment....I do embrace my youthful side from time to time..I may be in my 50-60's mentally....but I do embrace being 23....you will see what I mean, courtesy of Sami's cell phone, my goofy nature was captured!


Love and Blessings
Jenna

1 comment:

The Parks said...

Sorry for all the sick kids!!! Glad you got to go out for your birthday with the girls! I enjoy reading your blog! Hope everyone gets better soon!