Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Calling My Arizona Heart Moms

Ladies...I have sat here at home this last week, since I fractured my ankle...many of you who know me, seeing me in some sort of wrap isn't very uncommon. I am a walking accident. Lately I have been referred to as Bella from the Twilight Saga.

Ok back to my thought process. I am directing this towards, Avery, Heidi A., Bridgette,Heidi S., and any of the other heart moms that have taken their babies to St.Joes PTCICU. The more people we have helping the better. We all have become friends because of our children and their special bonds. Our lives are forever changed, some more the others. With that being said, I would LOVE to start making baskets for the babies that are on the floor. Ones that the nurses can give the parents as gifts when they get there. I have a friend that is up to making blankets for the baskets. But I was hoping to get more ideas as to what could go into them. I was thinking a beenie baby, seeing we all have quite a few of them due to their legs or arms being propped up with them. Bibs, because even though we are use to seeing all the lines and for some of us, their chest's being open, not everyone else is ready to see that when they visit. Mitts was another idea I was thinking along with socks. I can only think of things for the little ones, but I wanted to put something special in there for the parents also. I will be contacting my church to see if I can get some help kick starting this idea. We can do themed baskets, meaning, if I wanted to do a Lily basket, would do them as leap frogs and Lilies seeing, she is a leaper baby and her name is Lily. I want to dedicated these basket for our warriors and our angels. I would love all the help I could get. One day, I would love to do more then just St.Joes, I would love to visit PCH also, because there are heart babies over there, and we do know families who have been affected over there also.

If you would like to help please feel free to contact me at LucasNAustinNLilyana@yahoo.com or you can always call me at 602-682-5134.

I feel that the Lord is wanting me to do this. It came to me suddenly the other night. I was sitting on the couch working on CHD information, wanting to help in some way, shape, or forum. If this is meant to be then it will happen. I just want to include you ladies also, because I know how speical this could be for all of us.

I Look forward to hearing from you ladies....

Much Love and Blessings
Jenna

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Hi there, we've been your friend on myspace for a while but just found your blog. We use our blog a lot more than myspace now, its nice to see you.

Heidi Ann said...

Hey you. Perhaps a cheap pair of flip flops for the parents as those floors are nasty! I love the journal idea, very important! I am wanting to do a Christmas in July so we'll see how motivated I can be! I think you are awesome for doing this, we both know how appreciated these baskets will be. If I have any brilliant ideas I'll be sure to send them your way. Can I help with anything?