Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Glory Be to Him

As I wrote last night about the baskets I want to make for St.Joes Cardiac Unit, I never thought I would have gotten such a turn around in responses in one day. I not only posted on here, I also posted on Lilys and My Myspace Account along with my CafeMom accounts (yes I have multiple of both)
I am blessed to say, these baskets are going to be taking off the ground. I am working to build up a team, and I am happy to announce that Bridgette is jumping aboard (Read about her precious Angel Aryn, we are coming up on his 1 year angelversary). I also have my great friend Sami-jo jumping on with us helping out with emails seeing they keep pouring in.

I feel the Lord hand over this I truly do. I felt this was his doing, he placed this thought into my head, his voice that echoed Baskets, when I asked,"Lord what can I do to reach out to others that are walking this same path?"

So I jumped with it and ran. Now here I am in the middle of putting together a new website completely geared for these beautiful baskets. Right now they are Lily and Aryn baskets. Aryns are in honor of his memory, of the valiant fight he put up until there was no fight left. He left this life as peaceful as he could back into the arms of our Father in heaven. His time here was short but impacting none the less. Bridgette, it will be an honor to work next to you and serve in honoring his memory.
Lily's baskets are of course in honor or her. I want the parent to know that there is hope, that even though it is a long road up hill, look, Lily has fought, and look, she is with us still. Lily has fought no harder the Aryn, it is just Aryns heart became sicker then Lily's ever has been and the fight was not one he was able to fight. When God calls us home, we can not fight the call.

Aryns baskets will be for the boys and Lily's will be for the girls. In their basket will be a note card with their stories. Now what I have officially decided on putting into each of these baskets is as followed

With the help of our many supporters, their generosity and kindness we will be having 3 blanket makers.

There will be a Beanie baby, mitts, socks, a bib that will be embroidered "I am a special heart baby, that has been treated at St.Joes PTCICU" The boys will get a white one with blue trim, and the girls will get one with a pink trim.

Bridgette will be putting heart bears in each of the baskets, which I can't wait to see.

And then for the parents I have decided a journal, because for those of you who are heart parents know, how writing is one of the best methods of understanding all that is going on around you.

I am looking into baskets right now and places to make tags....I can not wait to get this all started. I have had a few volunteers on helping with assembling baskets also.

Sami-jo is in the process of finding out how to turn this into a Non-profit organization.

So, as you can see, TONS is going on. All because of one word whispered to me.
All the baskets will have a tag with a scripture on them. For the Glory of God, the one who continues to humble me each day. Our father reminds me that all of this is HIS will, each breath I take is because of him. My Husband, children and life as I know it, is because of him and his sacrifice. How can I not lift this all up to him and glorify the one that made all of us possible. For the Glory of it all, I live to serve my life, to be worthy of meeting him. I will kneel tonight, and lay my face to the ground and thank my father for all of this. I am a child of God, and I live to make him proud!

I lift your name on high Lord.

Many Love and Blessings,
Jenna

No comments: