Sunday, March 22, 2009

Home again

Lily is tuckered out from coughing her lungs out, but her chest x-ray looks clear. She has no temp either so they just watched her. Her O2 saturation's were anywhere from 96-80. They told us to follow up with the Cardiologist tomorrow....what good that will do us I do not know. It is just a cold that has to run its course but she is so tired and weak from it, it is driving me crazy.

When we were leaving I decided to make a quick run up to the 7th floor, knowing it was just a run in and a run out. I wanted to see how Addi was doing, and she is looking great...YAY Addi, Stacey said hopeful they will exatubate her today. That is good, before I could turn around to and head out, we got the, "Why are you here?" question. I told them Lily has a cold, she was turned around facing away from the door. Before I could even say nice seeing you glad to hear she is doing well, I got the "You shouldn't be up on the unit"....I wanted to say, why do you think I am standing away from the door and looking like I have ants in my pants....but they made me feel like I had been scolded and I was a child again. I told them, I was headed out, just checking to make sure Addi was doing well, seeing I no longer remember the number for the until I can not call in and check. Anywho....I just had to share that story....not sure why it is bugging me so much. We didnt touch anything or anyone, and it was literal, hi, bye, thing....but still...none the less....I feel like I need to go sit in time out and think about what I have done....I think I will take a nap instead...seeing Lily is napping and so are the boys...what better to do on a nice cool afternoon.

Thank you all for your prayers.
Love and Blessings
Jenna

1 comment:

Aimee Hardy said...

Glad you were in and out and her cold isn't affecting her sats. ER trips are exhausting, but at least you won't worry all night.

Sweet dreams!